The Medical Education department are looking for an individual who has a positive attitude, full of energy and new ideas to work as part of a dynamic team as a Strategic Planning Officer, principally to support the Director of Medical Education, Associate Director of Medical Education and Clinical Associate Directors of Medical Education as well as other senior managers, across the Department, to develop and implement high-quality plans for strategic improvement.Main duties of the job
Your main duties will be to:
- Support our educational governance and drive quality improvement
- Support to our training doctors and other learners
- Support our educators
- Create high quality learning environment and culture
- Deliver against the Department's strategic objectives
Please scroll down to access the full Job Description and Person Specification located in 'supporting documents'. About us
We are one of the largest hospital trusts in England, with five hospitals and community clinics serving a local population of around 695,000 people.
Our vision is 'great healthcare from great people'. Everything we do is guided by our values: 'People feel cared for, safe, respected and confident that we are making a difference'.
We have a new way of working at East Kent Hospitals, called 'We care'. It's about empowering frontline staff to lead improvements day-to-day. We're looking for compassionate people to be part of our improvement journey for the patients, families and carers we care for every day. Applications for this role should be written by the applicant. If artificial intelligence (AI) programmes are used then the application may be rejected due to this document being an important part of the assessment process. This does not prevent applicants seeking appropriate support with applications should they need to for the purposes of any declared disability.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please scroll down to access the full Job Description and Person Specification located in 'supporting documents'.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- 3+ years recent administration experience within an NHS, public service or an educational environment
- 2+ years recent administration experience within a Medical Education or Higher Education environment 2+ years PA experience
- NVQ Level 3 in Business Administration / 2 or more A Levels
- GCSEs in English and Mathematics Grade B minimum
- Degree or NVQ Level 4 in business administration or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal using various methods and platforms to all levels of staff, external agencies and the general public
- Excellent Outlook and email management skills, and keyboard skills
- Digital literacy skills including the ability to use MS office software to a high standard
- Accurate minute and note taking, high attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective planning and organisational ability, problem solver, creative and adaptable
- Multitasking and ability to switch between tasks due to disruptions and distractions
- Creation of data bases Use of digital software and website upkeep
- Awareness of Health Education England's Digital Capability Framework and its applications
- Medical Education or Health Professional Training
- Understanding of medical career path including education and training
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to relate to all people regardless of their age, background, gender etc.
- Aware of and adhere to the Trust Values, Vision and Mission
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.