We can offer you a competitive salary, staff benefits package and excellent career development and training that comes from working forHertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust . In addition to this you will receive a payment of �3,500 as a Golden Hello for joiningour Trust. T& C's apply, new employees only.
Would you like to join an innovative team committed to delivering the best possible care for our service-users? The Enhanced Rehabilitation Outreach Service (EROS) is looking for a compassionate and enthusiastic social worker to welcome into our Community Rehabilitation Service in Hertfordshire.
The EROS Service is currently implementing an exciting expansion and redesign. Our new model aims to reduce inpatient admissions, reduce length of stays and provide person centred support to service users in their communities.
At HPFT we provide an exciting and forward-thinking work environment, where staff feel valued and supported to reach their full potential. We are proud to be one of the top five recommended NHS Trusts to work for, and hold a CQC rating of Outstanding, making us one of the highest-rated Mental Health Trusts in the country. What's more, you will also be able to enjoy an extensive range of trust-wide staff benefits including:
Main duties of the job
- 27 days annual leave on entry to NHS
- One of the best pension schemes in the UK
- Flexible working options
- Car leasing scheme
- Childcare discounts
- Wellbeing events and activities
- A 24-hour staff support helpline
As our new Social Worker
, you will be welcomed into a safe and supportive staff team, who empower and encourage one another in being the best version of ourselves for the benefit of those we care for. One of our current social workers
says that 'EROS Team has been the best working opportunity as a social worker ....it is a chance to do pure social work'.
The EROS team is instrumental in supporting service users with serious mental illness. They support Service Users to be independent through providing recovery focused interventions within Community Rehabilitation pathways and work in an integrated manner to promote treatment continuity for patients and achieve positive treatment outcomes.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as part of an exciting and enthusiastic team promoting an integrated health and social care model. The team is made up of nurses, support workers, Occupational Therapists, Psychiatry, and voluntary sector positions (Drug and Alcohol Worker, Community Navigator and Peer Support Workers) as well as social workers.
If you are passionate about empowering people to live independently and engage with their local community, then this is the perfect role for you.
Here are a couple of quotes from service users who are using the service:
'EROS staff have been angels and saved my life. They have opened a whole new world to me. Services like EROS should be expanded to support more people' About us
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) is an outstanding organisation with ambitions to match. We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of 'Outstanding' from theCare Quality Commission, and our aim is to be the leading provider of mental health and specialist learning disability services in the country.
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for over 400,000 people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. We also deliver a range of nationally commissioned specialist services including Tier 4 services for children and young people, perinatal services, plus medium and low secure learning disabilities services.
The care we provide makes a fantastic difference to the lives of our service users, their families and carers - everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout:
Our Trust values are:
Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.
These values are at the core of who we are, everything we do, and how we do it!
Would you like to be part of the HPFT family? Would you like work with us to ensure our service users live the fullest lives possible they can? Would you like to be supported in your career to be the best that you can be?
Then please read on...Job descriptionJob responsibilities
In your new role you will:
- Providing advice and support on optimising service users entitlements and benefits as they transition between different care and support arrangements.
- Working collaboratively with other teams, organisations, service users and their carers to formulate accurate and holistic assessments of the service users care and support needs.
- Engaging with service users, providers, and team members to realise innovative and intuitive social care solutions, both through commissioned support and personal budgets.
- Provide advice within the team regarding safeguarding processes for service users at risk of abuse and neglect, as well as liaison and advocacy between service users and investigating teams.
For more detailed information on the position, please access the Job Description and Person Specification documents provided.
Please contact Amandus Assenga
on firstname.lastname@example.org in order to arrange a visit to EROS
to see for yourself the unique opportunity we have to offer, along with any questions about the role.Person SpecificationKNOWLEDGE, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCEEssential
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGEEssential
- An appropriate social work qualification
- Registration with Social Work England
- Education to degree level
- Training in principles and application of outcomes focused assessments and personalisation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of legislation, theory, and policy in relation to relevant care group
- Experience of undertaking assessments, focussed as personalisation, choice and control, and care planning
- Knowledge and understanding of personal budgets and direct payments
- Experience of multidisciplinary working and ability to work collaborative
- Experience of partnership working with service users and carers, demonstrating dignity and respect
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Pauls, Slippers Hill, Hemel Hempstead, HP2 5XY
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.