The Pharmacy Department at Furness General Hospital are looking for enthusiastic, well-motivated part time Pharmacy Technician to join their team.
This varied post covers duties within the main dispensary as well as ward-based activities and also provides an excellent opportunity for career development.
Hours of work are Mondays to Fridays 9am to 5:30pm with rotational Weekend and Bank Holiday work.
Full time and part time applications are welcomed.Main duties of the job
To apply for this post, you will be a Pharmacy Technician registered with the GPhC, be a qualified Accredited checking Technician and medicine reconciliation trained or willing to work towards these qualifications (applicants will start on a Band 4 then receive Band 5 grade on successful completion of these qualifications).About us
We operate from three main hospitals - Furness General Hospital (FGH) in Barrow, the Royal Lancaster Infirmary (RLI), and Westmorland General Hospital (WGH) in Kendal, as well as a number of community healthcare premises including Millom Hospital and GP Practice, Queen Victoria Hospital in Morecambe, and Ulverston Community Health Centre.
FGH and the RLI have a range of General Hospital services, with full Emergency Departments, Critical/Coronary Care units and various Consultant-led services.
WGH provides a range of General Hospital services, together with an Urgent Treatment Centre, that can help with a range of non-life threatening conditions such as broken bones and minor illnesses.
All three main hospitals provide a range of planned care including outpatients, diagnostics, therapies, day case and inpatient surgery. In addition, a range of local outreach services and diagnostics are provided from community facilities across Morecambe Bay.
Our community services for adults are provided in people's homes, community centres, clinics, GP Practices, community hospitals and our main hospitals. Our aim is to work with people to help them remain independent, improve their health and manage their conditions through high quality care, advice and support.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay visiting our website https://www.uhmb.nhs.uk/Person SpecificationEducation and qualificationsEssential
- Good basic education to GCSE level or equivalent - including numeracy and literacy
- NVQ level 3 in Pharmacy Service skills
- Registration with General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Btec Level 3 in Pharmaceutical sciences (or equivalent)
- Accredited checking qualification and registration with Northwest framework (equiv to NVQ level 4)
- Previous experience in hospital Pharmacy or other Pharmacy setting
- Experience in dispensing medications, drug receipt, record keeping and cold chain maintenance
Skills, ability and knowledgeEssential
- JAC Trained
- Experience of hospital pharmacy and aseptics
- Experience in clinical trials
- Working knowledge of pharmacy procedures, practices and legislation including Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft word and skills for dispensing and record keeping
- Ability to prioritise workload with good attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to talk to / communicate with patients, carers and healthcare professionals clearly
- Good manual, accuracy and analytical dispensing skills
- Ability to motivate self and others
- Good patient counselling skills
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Existing personal development portfolio
- Good influencing and teaching skills
- Further computing skills e.g. presentations and spreadsheets
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Professional, honest, reliable and trustworthy with an ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Team player
- Willingness to work designated shift patterns across 7 days in accordance with the needs of the service
- Ability to work alone
- Enthusiasm for work
- Ability to travel as required
University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS TrustAddress
Furness General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.