Working as part of the Inclusion and Culture Development Team (ICDT), the post holder will be responsible for delivering and progressing the Trust's equality, diversity and inclusion agenda that is aligned to our People Promise and local culture of inclusion development plan.
The positive impact will
- Improve the inclusive culture of the Trust
- Improve the diversity of our workforce
- Improve the experience of work for people in protected groups and eliminating inequality in employment
The role will support the delivery of the work to meet our statutory duties and compliance with relevant legislation.
This includes the development and ongoing implementation of the Equality Standards and the relevant corporate strategies and action plans which need to consider the trust's legal equality duties and best practice.Main duties of the job
- Support in the development of plans for how the Trust meets its legal duties and responds to equality, diversity, and inclusion legislation as well as delivering updates on evolving best practice and guidance. Keeping up to date with new national and local changes is essential.
- Support the development of all EDI networks to increase membership, strengthening efficiency and ability to influence change and decisions within the organisation. All set within an appropriate governance structure and support agenda setting, and providing occasion written and regular verbal reports.
Why Work With Us
The Inclusion and Culture Development team are forward thinking and proactive, delivering the people strategy for the employees in Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust (TDSFT) to create a work culture where people feel safe, healthy and supported.
They do this through developing a stronger presence of an inclusive culture via proactive EDI, health and wellbeing, and mediation interventions, and through working closely with the Patient Safety team and the Employee Relations team to embed a Just and Learning Culture. Within the People Directorate they also are key to ensure that the People Directorate is a positive, collaborative and enjoyable place to work.
The post holder will support the development of this team and wider People Directorate regarding EDI.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- The ability to communicate complex equality information to colleagues within the Trust
- To routinely demonstrate high standards of communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with potentially difficult challenging and sensitive situations
- To facilitate group discussions to understand barriers for staff.
- The ability to evaluative training to support future planning and delivery
- To be responsible for delivery of EDI development across the trust, tailoring the messaging to the audiences needs.
- To identify opportunities for development of the EDI agenda, staff networks in particular, and changes in operational delivery that will improve equity and inclusion in the Trust
- In all interactions with others leads by example, demonstrating compassionate, inclusive leadership
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oEducated to degree level in relevant subject or equivalent relevant experience
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.