Our Emergency Education Team is looking for a highly motivated, well organised and innovative Band 6 registered nurse to join support our current registered workforce.
You will support the Education, Learning and Development of clinical staff. This includes establishing and promoting clinical skills development and knowledge within the Emergency Department. Work clinically alongside registered and non-registered staff promoting and delivering education practice and the implementation of policies to ensure a workforce 'fit for purpose' and 'fit for practice'.
In partnership with Plymouth University, support the education, training and development of learners on both Pre- and Post-Registration programmes. Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of education, training and development across the Emergency Admission Units. Support the concept of continuing professional development through the delivery of relevant programmes of education and training across the Emergency DepartmentMain duties of the job
- Assist with the planning, delivery, coordination of mandatory / statutory / induction training for nursing staff within the Division in line with Trust policy and NHSLA standard
- Take a key role in the implementation of the Divisional strategy for education, training and development for nursing / AHPs and other identified staff groups
- Liaise with other groups to develop and deliver multi professional and inter-professional education
- Utilise information from appraisal process to assist with the coordination of a Training Needs Analysis
- Work with the Departmental Practice Education Lead to influence programme and curriculum development representing the emergency department.
The Emergency Department (ED) assesses, treats and admits or discharges over 75,000 emergency patients per year and has an admission rate of 60 - 100 patients per day.
Key working relationships
- Education and Practice Development Lead, AHP leads, Matrons, Sister/ Charge Nurses, Lead Nurses, Quality and Safety Coordinators, Assistant Director of Nursing
- Local HEI's, Education Teams in other Trusts, outside agencies
Key result areas
- These will be identified and agreed at interview and yearly appraisal
- These additional responsibilities may change on an annual basis and work towards increasing the clinical and management skills of the individual
We are a forward thinking progressive department, and we value every team members opinion, as we all bring experience and knowledge that challenges us to think differently.
As such we pride ourselves in enabling staff both within the Directorate and across the organisation to progress to achieve their full potential, making a positive difference to their lives and those they care for.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification.Person SpecificationevidenceEssential
- 2 years ED experience
- Evidence of teaching
- Evidence of ED specific clinical skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Teaching qualification
- ALS/APLS equivalent
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.