A new and exciting opportunity as arisen within the Complex Discharge Service for 1 wte Band 6 Discharge Specialists to support patient flow. The post holder will need to be a Nurse, Therapist, or support social worker. The role of the post holder will be to work with ward teams tofacilitate and co-ordinate the timely effective discharge/transfer of patients by utilising specialist clinical management and communication skills.Main duties of the job
The post holder willfacilitate and co-ordinate patient discharge alongside colleagues from inpatient wards, and partner agencies includingthe Complex Discharge team.
The post holder will use amultidisciplinary team approach, identifying/screening/tracking patients through the hospital system and by case management of patients identified to have complex discharge needs or at most risk of delayed discharge.
The focus of the role is to act as a discharge specialist that involves multiple agentsinternally and externallyto ensure no delays occur in the patient's journeyand discharge from hospital.About us
At the Dudley Group our patients and staff are at the heart of all that we do and that is to provide a world class service that aligns with our vision of excellent health care, improved health for all. We are seeking to recruit staff who share our vision and values of making Dudley Group an incredible workplace.
We are committed to becoming a diverse and an inclusive employer and where people feel sense of belonging. Seeking to expand diversity within our teams, we positively encourage applications from under-represented groups such as ethnically diverse, disabled and LGBTQ+ groups. We are also under-represented in-terms of gender within nursing roles and we would welcome applications from people from male and non-binary backgrounds.
Dudley Group offer many opportunities for our staff to develop and grow within their roles through our Learning & OD department. These include topics such as communication, wellbeing, team development, cultural competency, and values, plus much more. For those in a Management/Leadership role, there are additional programmes to support you to develop the skills you need. These include our Managers Essentials Programme and a Leadership Programme that all managers will attend as part of your Dudley Managers Induction. Our Learning Prospectus is a great way to discover the details behind what's available for you here at The Dudley Group.
We are committed to home life balance through flexible working and making reasonable adjustments where possibleJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the main duties and responsibilities of the post holder is required to undertake.Person SpecificationQualifications & EducationEssential
- Degree/Diploma in Nursing / AHP profession
- Current HCPC/NMC Registration
- Portfolio evidence of CPD
Knowledge and TrainingEssential
- Membership of relevant professional body
- Student mentorship qualification
- Evidence of health education and promotion skills
- Specialist theoretical knowledge of a broad range of pathologies to underpin practice
- Knowledge of Clinical Governance and its implications for the Service
- Ability to comprehend and work within Trust policies of data protection, equal opportunities and health and safety
- Demonstrate knowledge of a broad range of national guidelines including NICE, NSF
- A sound knowledge of discharge pathways aligned with Trust and national policies
- Adequate post graduate experience as Band 5 Nurse/AHP in to demonstrate ability to meet Job Description and perform at Specialist level. Experience must include working within an NHS acute hospital environment or NHS Community service.
- Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team including planning of complex discharges.
- Experience of delegating to and supervising student nurses/AHPs.
- Contribution to the clinical education of less experienced staff or undergraduate students
- Willingness to participation in 7-day working patterns across shifts covering 8am to 8pm.
- Recent experience of working with older or vulnerable adults and those with complex health needs
Communication & Relationship SkillsEssential
- Involvement in audit and research
- Able to work collaboratively within the Discharge team and the wider MDT
- Reliable, flexible, adaptable and self-motivated
- Able to demonstrate initiative and commitment to self-directed learning
- Innovative and able to make recommendations for service improvement
- Effective interpersonal and organisational skills
- Able to adhere to Trust and Departmental documentation standards.
- Able to write complex patient reports
- Sufficient IT literacy to enable navigation of multiple systems including proficiency with email, EPR systems, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, web portals and internet access.
- Able to supervise and educate students
- Able to speak, receive and issue instructions concerning patients without risk of misunderstandings in group and individual settings
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally in relation to discharge planning including face to face contact, telephone contact, e-mail contact and internal and external meetings
Planning & Organisational SkillsEssential
- Competent presentation skills including face to face and virtual platforms
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Trust ValuesEssential
- Able to organise and prioritise own caseload
- Able to fully complete tasks within agreed deadlines
- Able to organise, supervise and delegate tasks to support workers
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able toprovidesafe,caring,and effectiveservices
- Values and behaviours that reflect the Trust values of Care, Respect and Responsibility
- Commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that is free from discrimination and where people feel they belong and their contribution is valued
The Dudley Group NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Russels Hall Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.