Bank Staff required
- HCPC Registered Podiatrist to work with our team.
Our team provides high quality Podiatry Services to patients within the community across the Dudley area.
We are committed to building robust integrated care, and as such there will be a need to work closely with colleagues in other services within Primary and Secondary Care.Main duties of the job
You will work in a variety of clinical settings within Dudley with the aim of delivering excellent care to high need patients in order to maintain their mobility and independence. You must have good general clinical and diagnostic skills as you will be working on your own initiative as well as part of the team.
You will be required to have clear communication and interpersonal skills as well as enthusiasm for contributing to this service, which benefits from being part of this Integrated Trust.Our Podiatry service deliveries care within specialist teams MSK, Diabetes & Wound Care, routine maintenance, and nail surgery.
The Podiatry Service provides an opportunity for the candidate to work within a diverse team which provides a range of services throughout the district. The service has an excellent reputation for providing high quality care.About us
At the Dudley Group our patients and staff are at the heart of all that we do and that is to provide a world class service that aligns with our vision of excellent health care, improve health for all. We are seeking to recruit staff who share our vision and values of making Dudley Group an incredible workplace.
We are committed to becoming a diverse and an inclusive employer and where people feel a sense of belonging. Seeking to expand diversity within our team, we positively encourage applications form under-represented groups such as BAME, disabled and LGBTQ+ groups. We are also under-represented in-terms of gender within nursing role and we would welcome applications form people from male and non-binary backgrounds.
We are committed to home life balance through flexile working and making reasonable adjustments where possible.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be expected to promote health and reduce inequalities for individuals, families and communities, optimize opportunities for health promotion and health education to enable patients to maximize their potential in terms of health and social well-being.
You will be expected to travel across Dudley to work including undertaking home visits therefore it essential that you are a car driver /owner.
For an informal chat please contact Julie Meakin Podiatry Services Manager either via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01384 3321 441
Please refer to the attached Job description and Person specification for more information.Person SpecificationQualifications & EducationEssential
Knowledge & TrainingEssential
- BSc (hons) Podiatric Degree (or equivalent - eg. Diploma in Podiatric Medicine)
- Local Anaesthesia Certificate
- HCPC registration
- Extensive Post graduate knowledge of Biomechanics and MSK conditions.
- Knowledge of Metabolic, Vascular and Neurological conditions and ability to assess, diagnose and treat/manage these conditions.
- Evidence of treatment planning/patient management.
- Ability to prescribe insoles and chair side orthotics
- Experience of diagnostic skills to manage and assess foot pathologies both in at risk foot and MSK.
- Awareness of current NHS trends and policies, including clinical governance, NICE guidelines and NSF's
- Ability to supervise/mentor students and junior/less experienced members of the team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to liaise with and share care with other Health Care Professionals
- Good interpersonal skills-effective listening/speaking skills appropriate to the needs of the recipient.
The Dudley Group NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Russels Hall Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.