An opportunity has arisen for an experienced and dynamic Senior Occupational Therapist (Band 6) to join the West Lancashire Community Mental Health Team. The post will be based at Bickerstaffe House, Ormskirk Hospital.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the occupational role within the Team as part of a multi-disciplinary community mental health team. There are OT colleagues to work alongside.Main duties of the job
As part of the team, you will have a caseload of services users suitable for occupational therapy, and you will key work those with predominantly occupational needs. You will provide specialist occupational therapy assessment, formulation and intervention to those with complex occupational, functional or vocational needs. Your role will also involve the provision of support and advice to the multi-disciplinary team through consultancy, to ensure service users occupational needs are considered and met. A car owner/driver is essential for this role.
We are looking to recruit an occupational therapist that has a keen interest and a passion for occupational therapy in mental health, with at least 2 years post registration experience and at least 1 years' experience in a relevant mental health setting. You will have excellent communication skills, sound clinical reasoning and a strong understanding of the occupational therapy role within recovery.
You will receive regular supervision, access to CPD opportunities and be part of a supportive occupational therapy network.About us
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached the Job Description and Person Specification for more information about this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Diploma/BSC (Hons) in Occupational Therapy (OT)
- Registered with Health Professionals Council
- Post Graduate training relevant to mental health work in appropriate speciality
- Detailed knowledge of how mental health problems impact on occupational performance and how occupational therapy theory informs practice within community mental health settings
- Knowledge of current best practice in mental health, and awareness of relevant government directives and legislation
- Use of evidence-based practice
- Extensive clinical experiences including individual and group work in mental health specialties
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Sophisticated reasoning skills to analyse professional and ethical issues.
- Supervisor and appraisal skills.
- Ability to organise/co-ordinate and respond efficiently to complex information
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.