Are you a Registered( NMC) Childrens Nurse ? Division: Children's, Women's & Diagnostics Job Title:
Children's Staff Nurse Band:
5 Location: Children's Critical Care Unit Hours: Full time and Part Time Managerially accountable to: Unit Manager/Ward sister Professionally accountable to: MatronMain duties of the jobAre you a Registered( NMC) Childrens Nurse ? Role Summary
- All Children's Critical Care Nurses will work under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Sister and Senior Clinical Nurses to deliver safe and effective quality care.
- The post holder will provide effective family centered nursing care underpinned by evidence based practice.
- Ability to assess, develop, implement and evaluate nursing care needs of children and families/carers within the ward or department in order to provide and maintain a high standard of informed and effective holistic care following a formal period of preceptorship.
- To support teaching and supervision of all members of the team and pre-registration nursing students.
- To work a mixture of day and night shifts as well as rotate to other clinical areas as requested, to meet the demands of the service and fulfil professional educational needs.
- To participate in the development of clinical audit, ensuring that a prominent nursing contribution is made.
- To present a positive, professional image of the organisation and of the nursing team
- To be responsible for updating own knowledge and skill in line with the NMC Code and Trust policies / procedures.
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is one of the largest and most modern in the country. Based across two sites, Royal Stoke in Stoke-on-Trent and County Hospital in Stafford, we are proud to serve around three million people and we're highly regarded for our facilities, teaching and research. We are the specialist centre for major trauma for the North Midlands and North Wales.
All of our employees make a valuable contribution regardless of role here at UHNM and we are proud of our wide range of development packages aimed at ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their true potential.
UHNM create and encourage a culture of inclusion, providing equal opportunities for career development that are fair and transparent. We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer and foster a culture in which all staff feel valued and respected. In return we ask all of our employees to make a commitment to the values, co-created by or staff, patients and carers, and that unite us as a Trust.
At University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust we know that investing in, supporting and developing our staff has a direct impact on the quality of care that we deliver. Our employees are as important as our patients and the population that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information on this vacancy, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification or contact the Hiring Manager. Previous applicants need not apply and applicants also must UK registeredPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Knowledge, Training and ExperienceEssential
- UK NMC registered Children's Nurse
- Critical Care Course Levels 1 & 2 (HDU)
- Critical Care Course Level 3 (PICU)
- Has experience as a student or registered nurse in an Acute hospital setting
- Good communication skills
- Is able to recount / discuss the requirements for high standard of care
- Ability to use a computer
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to use own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Effective communication skills
University Hospital of North Midlands NHS TrustAddress
Royal Stoke Hospital
Stoke on Trent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.