Anopportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to join our dynamic and professional Finance team at Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust as a Management Accountant.
We are looking for an individual who is AAT qualified (or equivalent), well organised, reliable and who is passionate and committed to achieving the Trust's goals.You will play a significant part in the Financial Management team providing high quality and timely financial information to clinical departments. As such, you will need to have excellent communication skills, as well as a track record of producing accurate information within tight deadlines.You will become a key member of the finance team and will need to quickly learn monthly processes. They should have experience of working in a busy finance office environment and should possess excellent communication and organisational skills and have a real commitment to excellent service delivery.Main duties of the job
- Theoretical knowledge of technical accounting issues currently facing the NHS(2)
- The role of Management Accountant forms a key part of the Finance team within the Finance Directorate. Reporting to the Finance Manager - FM Reporting, the postholder will assist in the provision of a complete, professional financial service to a range of Directorates, providing timely and accurate financial support and advice through the provision of robust monitoring information.
- To support the Finance Business Partner/Deputy Finance Business Partner/Finance Manager in delivering a customer focussed service to the Budget Holders of the highest possible standard and maintaining adherence to the Trust monthly reporting timetable, preparing monthly financial performance reports and forecasts, analysing trends and variances.
- You will assist the Finance Business Partner/ Deputy Finance Business Partner/Finance Manager in ensuring the directorates manage their financial position and the Trust fulfils its financial duties.
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is now one of the largest in the country, with a workforce of approximately 15,000 who serve a population of 1.2 million people.We work together, and in conjunction with MSE Health and Care Partnership, to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients in a compassionate way, and provide a respectful, but vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.From facilities through to consultant specialists we want to be the best, to achieve this we need to recruit not just those who are the finest in their field but also those who have the potential to be. Yes, experience is important but so is outlook - if you are dynamic, forward-thinking and enthusiastic we want you to join us.
We not only offer you a good working environment with flexible working opportunities, but also the opportunity to develop your career with access to appropriate training for your job and the support to succeed and progressJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Full details of the role can be found in the attached Job Description, but duties will include:
Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- Preparing, calculating, planning and monitoring complex information (using Excel spreadsheets and other Microsoft programs), ensuring the accurate input of data and coding of transactions
- Identifying for a range of expenditure and income codes, at period and year end, any accruals and prepayments that are necessary, completing journals and input into the appropriate financial systems/spreadsheets.
- To support financial planning and implementation to achieve the objectives in the Trust and Directorate Annual Plans.
- Providing complex financial information and analysis, producing reports and ensuring that all systems and processes are up to date and accurate in order to assist with the various year-end accounting activities.
- oAAT Diploma Level 4 or equivalent (e.g. NVQ 4, Ordinary degree) (2)
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- oEvidence of Continuing Professional Development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oAt least two years experience of working in a finance environment (2)
- oDetailed knowledge of reconciliations, double entry booking keeping, financial systems including budgeting processes etc.
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Southend, Basildon and Chelmsford
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.