We are looking for an enthusiastic, and motivated Speciality Doctor in Psychiatry to join our outstanding inpatient Service. A number of potential posts are available in the acute inpatient setting, meaning that a successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a variety of different settings and locations, with flexibility to work in a post aligned to your area of interest.
The post-holder will work under the supervision of a consultant psychiatrist and will be integral to a multidisciplinary team, accessing local CPD activities as appropriate. The post-holder will have the opportunity to rotate through different according to service needs, offering opportunities for developing clinical expertise across a range of specialities. You will be supported in progressing through the CESR/Article 14 route to CCT if this is your goal.Main duties of the job
The post-holder will work under the supervision of a consultant psychiatrist and will be integral to a multidisciplinary team, accessing local CPD activities as appropriate. The postholder may have the option rotate through different posts on a yearly basis according to service needs, offering opportunities for developing clinical expertise across a range of specialties. The post-holder will be supported to progress to a specialty doctor grade once they have sufficient experience.
The post-holder will be responsible for the assessment and management of mental health problems on a routine and emergency basis. Direct Clinical Care duties
The post holder will:
- Work within a multidisciplinary setting offering psychiatric medical input in the assessment, treatment and care management of patients, carrying out all general duties including mental state examinations.
- Provide up to date, effective, safe medical care for patients in order to promote their recovery, and promote their insight with a view to relapse prevention.
- Provide physical care in liaison with primary care services andthe in house GP services.
- Offer advice and support to other members of the team in issues related to his/her competence and expertise.
- Work as a leading member of the multidisciplinary team, linking closely with statutory and non-statutory services as required.
ELFT is a teaching Trust, rated Outstanding by the CQC which provide Mental health and Community Service across East London and Bedfordshire.
We are proud of our field-leading Quality Improvement and Leadership Development programmes, which you would be encouraged to pursue. We work closely with the Institute of Healthcare Improvement, and partners across the North East London ICS to drive innovation in healthcare. Our staff are actively encouraged to engage in and lead transformation work.
Luton is a vibrant and evolving multicultural town with a rich industrial history. The town is culturally very active and is surrounded by beautiful countryside whilst also boasting excellent transport links to central London. The population of Luton has doubled over the past 60 years to an estimated 215,000 in 2017 and has long attracted individuals new to the country. Luton is now one of the most ethnically diverse towns in the country with large British Indian, British Pakistani and British West Indianpopulations.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see JD (Job Description) and PS (Personal Specification) for full details of role requirements.
PLEASE VIEW A SHORT VIDEO FOUND IN THE ATTACHMENTS TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MEDICAL PSYCHIATRIST CAREERS IN LUTON AND BEDFORDSHIRPerson SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Fully registered with the General Medical Council
- A higher degree such as MD or PhD
- Membership or Fellowship of the Royal College of Psychiatrists or equivalent qualification (in accordance with Royal College of Psychiatrists guidelines)
- Approval under Section 12(2) of Mental Health Act 1983, or plan to gain approval within 6 months of appointment.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCEEssential
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team and provide leadership for the team
- Clear, effective communication style
- Expertise in risk assessment
- Experience of clinical work in Acute Adult Psychiatry at SpR, SASG or Consultant level within the last 3 years
- Good working knowledge and experience of the application of the Mental Health Act
- Understanding of social factors relevant to psychiatry
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working in forensic settings
- Experience of working in PICU
- Experience of Quality Improvement projects
East London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Luton & Central Beds MH Unit
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.