A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced Nurse to join the Post Covid Assessment Service as Cardiology Specialist Nurse here at Norfolk Community Health and Care Trust. This position is ideal for a Senior Nurse with expertise within the field of cardiology looking to enhance their Clinical skills in this new and developing area. You will be a dynamic, forward-thinking individual with a passion to lead & deliver first class care to patients with a wide range of cardiac related conditions. You will provide support to the band 6 Clinical Nurses in the service in close liaison with the Team Lead and Service Lead clinicians. You will have the clinical expertise & vision that will facilitate innovative nurse-led services & develop high quality care enhancing the patient experience. You will work as a clinical expert & be proficient in interpreting investigation results & prescribing a plan of care to patients with a wide range of cardiology related conditions. If you have the passion to succeed & a desire to lead a service towards exceptional care then we want to hear from you.Main duties of the job
About usApply now to join an organisation that has been awarded an 'Outstanding' rating by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the highest possible rating and the first stand-alone NHS community trust in the country to be awarded the titleJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesWe are looking for the right person who has a passion for patient centered, supportive care within a multi-professional team, with prior expertise, knowledge and training in complex, patient focused assessment, goal identification, coaching and self-management with a strong understanding of physical health and mental wellbeing and the possible symptoms and complications for patients in post-Covid syndrome Please download a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification located under the Supporting documents heading to read more about the advertised role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Undertake clinical assessments and perform and order diagnostic investigations as indicated by patients
- Interpret the results of investigations within the clinical situation and make appropriate clinical decisions regarding treatment.
- Receive referrals from healthcare professionals involved in management of cardiology patients, where specialist advice about their clinical management is required and refer to other appropriate healthcare professionals as necessary to meet the healthcare needs of the patient.
- Exercise a high degree of professional autonomy and whilst working within agreed cardiology protocols and guidelines, have the professional capacity to make decisions in the absence of precedents and sometimes without recourse to others.
- Provide information that enables patients and their carers to make informed decisions about care enabling them to make informed choices and valid consent .
- Provide support to the band 6 Clinical Nurses in the service.
- Partake in generalist shared team tasks such a initial patient assessments and progress reviews.
- oNMC Professional registration required
- oRelevant Cardiology clinical training
- oNursing Degree or equivalent
- oAdditional post-graduate education in relevant areas
- oExtensive experience in Clinical Cardiology, a significant period of which should be in a relevant specialist area
- oAble to conduct and interpret Electrocardiograms (ECG's).
- oExperience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- oExperience of teaching NHS/non NHS staff and patients
- oAbility to work flexibly and in a variety of healthcare settings
Skills, Abilities and KnowledgeEssential
- oExperience of line managing staff
- oExperience of supervising student Nurses
- oExperience of conducting audits and/or research
- oEvidence of good clinical and professional leadership skills
- oKnowledge of acute and community pathways
- oSupervision/appraisal of other staff
- oAbility to prioritise effectively to meet deadlines
- oWork on own initiative
- oTeam player
- oComputer literate
- oAbility to work and make decisions under pressure
- oManagement experience
- oTriage experience
Personal and People DevelopmentEssential
- oAble to communicate sensitive and difficult information to others
- oExcellent teaching & presentation skills
- oExcellent communication and liaison skills
- oAbility to motivate people and generate enthusiasm
- oAbility to deal with distressed patients/relatives/carers and staff
- oCommitment to engage in CPD and appraisal system
Personal Attributes / BehavioursEssential
- oCounselling and Motivational Interviewing skills
- oEffective role model, able to demonstrate NCH& C's Values.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oAble to make own travel arrangements as required
Norfolk Community Health and Care NHS TrustAddress
St James' Clinic or Norwich
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.