Matron - Gastroenterology and Endoscopy Band 8b
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Nurse to join the Gastroenterology, Endoscopy and SUWON Theatres Directorate in the role of Matron for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy . The applicant will need to demonstrate experience in Gastroenterology or Endoscopy at a senior level or equivalent transferrable skills.
The post holder will demonstrate experience of delivering against key quality and performance targets and will have strong communication, management and leadership skills. Attention to detail is required with the ability to work to tight deadlines, manage multiple tasks and communicate effectively across multi-professional teams is essential. We are looking for an experienced and talented nurse leader with a commitment to delivery of high quality patient care to join the Directorate and to play an integral part in the further development of our services.
The role covers Gastroenterology and Hepatology across 2 sites: The John Radcliffe Hospital (Headington) and the Horton General Hospital (Banbury) and will have responsibilities for the division of Surgery, Women's and Oncology (SUWON) as Matron on call across 3 sites (includes Churchill Hospital- Headington).
Interview will involve both a Technical interview and a Value Based Interview.Main duties of the job
Key Areas of Responsibility- Clinical and Professional Leadership Service Delivery and Development Business Planning and Financial Management Human Resources Management Quality, Clinical Governance and Risk Management
About usOxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- To provide professional leadership in the directorate, leading a patient centred service in collaboration with the Triumvirate
- To practice as a senior clinical professional, with professionalism, authority and expertise, acting as a role model for other nursing and AHP staff.
- To undertake full strategic and operational responsibility.
- To facilitate the efficient and effective management of resources within the directorate.
- To ensure that the standards of the service meet the strategic aims and development of the Trust.
- Ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Services on a day to day basis.
- Supervise and directly manage associated nursing, therapy and specialist teams.
- As part of the senior professional group contribute to the strategic development for the Directorate including the utilisation of resources which impact on the budget such as staffing, equipment and consumables.
- Participate in Divisional Matron Rotas. (Includes weekend and Bank Holiday working)
is one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the country. It provides a wide range of general and specialist clinical services and is a base for medical education, training and research. Find out more herewww.ouh.nhs.uk
The Trust comprises of four hospitals - theJohn Radcliffe Hospital
andNuffield Orthopaedic Centre
in Headington and theHorton General Hospital
Our values, standards and behaviours define the quality of clinical care we offer and the professional relationships we make with our patients, colleagues and the wider community. We call thisDelivering Compassionate Excellence
and its focus is on our values of compassion, respect, learning, delivery, improvement and excellence. These values put patients at the heart of what we do and underpin the quality healthcare we would like for ourselves or a member of our family. Watch how we set out to deliver compassionate excellence via theOUH YouTube channel.
Many of our recruitment programmes useValue Based Interviewing
to identify those who have the skills we seek, who share our values and who are able to deliver compassionate excellence from the outset. We know that this makes a significant difference to your job satisfaction and above all the outcomes and experience of our patients and their families. For more information about our Values and Value Based Interviewing please visitwww.ouh.nhs.uk/about/vision-and-valuesJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description for the full job details and responsibilities
Applicants should be Registered with the NMC and have at least 3 years experience at Band 7/Band 8a in a leadership role.Person SpecificationshortlistingEssential
- Relevant professional qualification (RN Adult)
- Educated to degree level in relevant field or equivalent level of management experience.
- Substantial experience of operational and strategic management in an acute hospital setting in a senior nurse role across a range of inpatient and day case services
- Knowledge and experience of leading significant change, delivering tangible and sustained improvements
- Experience of developing business and workforce plans in line with future service requirements
- Organisational skills - able to deliver objectives within an agreed timeframe.
- Leadership skills - excellent leadership and influencing skills with the ability to enthuse, motivate and involve individuals and teams.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Training in leadership and / or management
- Current or ongoing Masters level study
- Project management experience.
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
John Radcliffe Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.