We are recruiting for EPs- Emergency Practioners, for St Mary's Hospital Paddington and Charing Cross Hospital Hammersmith. These are the senior clinicians trained to an advanced level to work autonomously within the Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC) to deliver care to patients attending the UTC without reference to a doctor. The role consists of clinical, managerial, leadership and educational components as detailed in the attached JD.Main duties of the job
- To assess, diagnose, treat and discharge or refer patients without reference to a doctor
- To provide a service that is complementary to GP's
- To encourage and participate in the development of protocols and pathways to improve patient care
- To be an independent prescriber (experienced EP essential)
- Manage a discrete team to include annual appraisal, mandatory training, staffing rotas, recruitment and selection and the supervision of students
- To support Matron /lead practitioner as needed in delivering local and national audits
- To actively participate in the departmental teaching programme
- To act as a Link practitioner for a specialty and to disseminate new guidance and information from that speciality keeping colleagues updated
- To monitor standards of care, taking action when appropriate to maintain and improve standards which includes Trusts Infection and Prevention Control policy
- To assist in achieving Emergency Department quality indicators by ensuring timely review/transfer/discharge of patients
- To have expert skills in plastering, suturing, streaming and to teach these skills to juniors
- To work with the Nurse Consultant and Lead Practitioner in responding to complaints
- To be willing to undertake any professional development and training necessary to progress the service.
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities. We encourage staff to have the Covid vaccination to protect themselves, patients, other colleagues as well as the wider community. Please note it is an operational requirement to comply with infection prevention and control procedures within the Trust such as lateral flow testing, handwashing and the wearing of masks, according to the procedures in place at any time or location.
As part of our continued response to Covid19 we are still conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
We are committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and will consider applications to work flexibly, part-time or job share.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducation/ qualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse, Paramedic or physiotherapist
- Recognised EP Qualification at minimum Degree Level or equivalent
- Minor Injuries and Minor Illnesses Course at Level 6/7
- BSc Hons in Emergency Care / MSc / PgC
- 3 years minimum in Emergency Department (with at least 2 years as band 6)
- Experience in General Practice/ Walk-in Centre/ Urgent Care Centre
- 2 years minimum as an EP in Urgent Care or similar setting
- Critical Care
- Acute ward experience
- Experience as Sister/Charge in Emergency Department
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate effectively with service users and the immediate and wider team
- Organisational skills
- Understanding of Microsoft office including Excel and PowerPoint & Teams
- Able to manage difficult situations effectively
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience with diagnosis and management of minor injuries including fractures, burns, lacerations, minor eye injuries, soft tissue injuries
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
St Mary's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.