We are seeking a dynamic and creative individual with a focus on Engagement to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to help us deliver the Colleague Engagement strategy we are currently developing and is a crucial part of our cultural transformation work. This role will ensure staff have opportunities to be heard, and that we show how we've listened to staff and putting their feedback into action.Main duties of the job
In summary the post holder will:
- Support the development and ongoing refinement of effective mechanisms for colleague engagement and feedback through the annual Staff Survey and People Pulse cycle, and other mechanisms as required.
- Operationalise the face-to-face engagement elements of the Colleague Engagement strategy, working with the wider OD team to deliver a programme of events.
- Support the development (including stakeholder consultation) and practical implementation of the Staff Survey Action plan at Trust level and supporting the People Services Business Partners in developing their Care Group action plans to address identified areas within the survey.
- Support and advise as appropriate ensuring that the Board, People Committee and Trust Management Board receive regular feedback on the actions being taken in response to feedback received through the annual NHS Staff Survey and Colleague Feedback tools.
Weoperatefrom three main hospitals -Furness General Hospital (FGH) in Barrow, the Royal Lancaster Infirmary (RLI), and Westmorland General Hospital (WGH) in Kendal, as well asa number ofcommunity health care premises including Millom Hospital and GP Practice, Queen Victoria Hospital in Morecambe, and Ulverston Community Health Centre.
FGH and the RLI have a range of General Hospital services, with full Emergency Departments, Critical/Coronary Care units and various Consultant-led services.
WGH provides a range of General Hospital services, together with an Urgent Treatment Centre, that can help with a range of non-life threateningconditions such as broken bones and minor illnesses.
All three main hospitalsprovidea range of planned care including outpatients, diagnostics, therapies, day case and inpatient surgery. In addition, a range of local outreach services and diagnostics are provided from community facilities across Morecambe Bay
Our community services for adults are provided in people's homes, community centres, clinics, GP Practices, community hospitals and our main hospitals. Our aim is to work with people to help them remain independent, improve theirhealthand manage their conditions through high quality care,adviceand support.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specificationlocatedunder the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay visiting our websitehttps://www.uhmb.nhs.uk/Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BA or experiential learning
- Membership of BPS / CIM or equivalent
- Ongoing CPD
- Designing and implementing effective OD interventions
- Developing and implementing organisation wide culture change programmes
- Partnership working with senior managers
- Employee engagement and staff surveys
- Strong analytical skills
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills
- Facilitation and training skills
- Project management skills
- Planning and organisation skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Strategy and policy development
- Experience in engaging diverse voices
- Implementing inclusive approaches or contribution to an inclusive workplace
- Broad knowledge of NHS context and People Plan
University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS TrustAddress
Moor Lane Mills, Lancaster
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.