Successful applicants will be invited to attend an Assessment Centre at Wesley Building, Redruth on 8th December 2023. This will be a morning or afternoon to be confirmed.
We are looking for a highly motivated Community Nurse to join the Falmouth & Penryn Community Nursing team, delivering a high standard of nursing care to housebound patients within the Primary Care Network.
It is essential that you possess excellent communication skills, have the ability to work autonomously, whilst being a committed member of our supportive team.
You will need to be able to demonstrate a real enthusiasm for Community Nursing as well as a desire for ongoing professional development. You should possess commitment to integrated team working and innovative delivery of excellent standards of care.
As part of our team you will be fully supported within a compassionate and approachable working environment.Main duties of the job
- Responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care, without direct supervision, to patients, carers and relatives within their home environment, enabling them to enjoy maximum independence and optimum quality of life.
- To work in partnership with patients and carers to offer support and advice and promote informed choice.
- To support the role of the Community Nurse Team Leader.
- To work autonomously, providing effective, evidence based care in line with competency and training record and organisational policies, procedures and guidelines.
The ability to travel independently across the area to fulfill the requirements of the post is essential.
This is a 30 hours per week position which covers 8am -10 pm 7 day a weekAbout us
We're an NHS community and mental health provider Trust based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. We deliver community and hospital-based care to improve people's physical and mental health. We also provide specialist support to people with dementia or a learning disability.
We are a people organisation and people matter to us. As part of the team, you'll help support the health and wellbeing of the people who live and visit this beautiful part of the UK.
Over 4,000 people make up the Trust. This includes doctors, nurses, therapists, plus admin and support staff.
We work in people's homes, in community clinics and bases. Some staff work from one of our 13 community hospitals. Our aspiration is to have great people, provide great care, be a great place to work and a great partner.
Just over 532,000 people live here. A third of people who live in Cornwall are supported by acute hospital services in Devon. As a result, we also work closely with our partners in Devon. In the summer, and during other holidays lots of people choose to visit the area. This increases the numbers of people who use our services.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view a detailed job description and person specification including the main responsibilities of this role please see supporting documents.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse (Adult)
- Evidence of recent relevant professional development
- To act as a mentor for student university placements. Having the mentoring qualification or being willing to work towards this qualification and attending mentorship updates as required
- Current Professional Registration - NMC
Skills and AptitudeEssential
- Hold a post-registration diploma or be working towards a degree
Employer detailsEmployer name
- IT skills to include use of Word, Excel, email, internet, recording systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with patients and carers who are under stress
- The ability to manage the caseload in the absence of a senior nurse, on a temporary basis.
- Current knowledge of developments in nursing and healthcare in general
Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Falmouth Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.