An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our expanding Frailty Flying Squad. We are looking for either an experienced Band 8a ACP or an experienced senior nurse who already holds the Clinical Assessment and/or the Diagnostic Reasoning modules at degree or master level and start the role as a band 7.
The Frailty Flying Squad (FFS) works as an MDT across the RUH Front Door areas and links with community services to provide a high-quality specialist service to frail patients, maximising admission avoidance, promoting same-day discharge and shortening length of stay
The Frailty Flying Squad is a friendly and welcoming team that thrives on the fast nature of front door working.Main duties of the job
The role will require the post holder to provide highly expert clinical guidance and leadership across the OPU services and to be a role model for safe, effective and high-quality care for our patients.
The post is responsible for providing professional expertise to the senior specialty triumvirate.
The post holder will define current processes, facilitate discussions, advise colleagues on how best practices might be adopted in future processes, document those processes as they are agreed upon, and oversee their delivery.About us
At the RUH we're proud to put people at the heart of what we do, working together as one team to make a difference for our patients, each other, and our community. No matter what your role is, we value everyone's contribution in supporting the exceptional, person-centred care we pride ourselves on.
We are committed to creating a compassionate and inclusive environment. This can be seen in our growing community of staff networks - celebrating successes and creating opportunities to listen and learn. We value our differences, champion kindness and civility, and truly believe that diversity makes us stronger.
A culture of learning, developing and innovating is the thread that runs throughout our whole organisation. We want to support you to thrive, taking your career to its full potential.
We value staff wellbeing, with a well-established programme of support. We believe in a holistic approach spanning all aspects of living a healthy life, including physical, emotional, spiritual and financial wellbeing. We've even got a pool!
We are committed to supporting you and hope you want to join our team. In the meantime, find out more about living and working the beautiful historic city of Bath, learn about our extensive package of staff benefits, and read about how we're providing healthcare fit for the future with the landmark Dyson Cancer Centre and our passion for research.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please find attached to the vacancy a detailed person specification and job description for further information about this role.Person SpecificationQualifications & TrainingEssential
- NMC/ HCP registration
- Teaching/ mentoring qualification
- Extensive knowledge of specialist area.
- Evidence of post qualifying and continuing professional development
- Significant leadership or managerial experience
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Working towards Doctorate or PhD
- Quality Improvement training
- Evidence of service evaluation and quality improvement in clinical care
- Registered non-medical prescriber
- Significant experience as a nurse practitioner/AHP/ ACP at Band 8a or above.
- Educated to Masters Level (Master in Advanced Practice/ ACP)
- Communicates effectively at different levels of the organisation in both written form and in small or large groups
- Ability to motivate and use informed persuasion to influence individuals and team
- Experience of effectively communicating very sensitive, complex condition related information to patients and relatives/ carers
- Extensive portfolio and evidence of continued professional development in practice / speciality, leadership, education and service development
- Recent and significant relevant clinical practice at advanced practice level
- Expert knowledge of nursing/ therapy and multidisciplinary teamwork within clinical specialty
- Evidence of advanced decision-making skills that reflect a patient-centred focus
- Evidence of proactive involvement in the supervision and development of members of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to act as effective facilitator, clinical supervisor, mentor and facilitator
- Experience of interdisciplinary working
- Experience of leading change in practice and successful service development
- Experience of conducting audit / research and using results for service improvement
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstration of publications, presentations and personal research at national and international events
Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal United Hospitals Bath
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.