Please note previous applicants need not apply
Sunderland Integrated Musculoskeletal Service (SIMS) is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated band 6 physiotherapist to join our existing team. We are excited to be growing our current service to cover tier one and our already existing tier two service where you will be at the forefront of managing MSK workloads across the Sunderland area.
If you are a pro active, highly motivated physiotherapist with a passion for patient care we would welcome your application.Main duties of the jobPlease see the attached document for full information on the department and role.
About usPlease help us by adding your telephone number to your application form this will allow us to contact you quickly if required.
- To work as an autonomous practitioner for patients presenting with MSK conditions or symptoms providing patients with primary assessment, diagnosis and management of their conditions within tier one and tier two of SIMS.
- To use advanced clinical skills and clinical reasoning to provide comprehensive diagnostic and treatment to support to patients who present with simple and complex MSK conditions.
- To work across tier one and tier two services within SIMS ensuring an integrated care pathway for individual patients that meets their needs where appropriate. This will include directly providing self-management and advice and/or referral to other secondary care services.
- To take an active role in developing effective communication between Primary care services, secondary care services and other relevant care providers.
- To consolidate post-graduate skills and continue professional development, including participation in physiotherapy in-service training programmes and external postgraduate training.
- To develop the clinical education of staff within the specialism and be responsible for the supervision of unqualified and newly qualified Physiotherapists who work under your direct supervision
- To assist with clinical audit and research within the service.
One Team One Trust - There are many reasons to work at our Trust. From our commitment to putting people first to our accessible services and award winning teams. We have a passion for research, innovation and tackling inequalities. We are committed to respect, fairness and civility and promote a compassionate, caring and positive culture / working environment.
We welcome all applications irrespective of peoples race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion/belief, age, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity and in particular those from under- represented groups. Looking after our workforces health and wellbeing is a priority for STSFT. We also provide access to high quality education, training, career progression and support.
The Trust employs around 8,300 people and provides a range of hospital services to a local community of around 430,000 residents. We also provide a range of more specialised services outside this area, in some cases to a population as great as 860,000. We offer our staff outstanding benefits - Fitness Centre (SRH), libraries at both hospital sites, chaplaincy support and access to a Childcare Co-ordinator to help staff with childcare arrangements.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPLEASE REFER TO THE ATTACHED JOB DESCRIPTION FOR FULL DUTIES OF THE ROLE.Main Purpose of the Job:
1. To work as an autonomous practitioner within a specialist team using specialist clinical reasoning skills to provide specialist physiotherapy assessment, diagnosis, treatment and advice to an independently managed caseload which will incorporate routine and complex presentation of conditions.
2. To begin to develop specialist skills to take a lead role in clinical practice issues, raising the profile of the service and offering specialist advice to planning and service development teams in order to assist in the implementation of service improvements.
3. To consolidate post-graduate skills and continue professional development, including participation in physiotherapy in-service training programmes and external postgraduate training.
4. To develop the clinical education of staff within the specialism and be responsible for the supervision of unqualified and newly qualified Physiotherapists who work under your direct supervision.
5. Participate in research activitiesPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc Physiotherapy or equivalent
- HCPC State Registration
- Comprehensive experience at band 5 level incorporating some experience within a range of specialities
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills to level 1 or equivalent
- Basic IT skills
- An understanding of South Tyneside and Sunderland Foundation Trust, its culture, strategic direction, achievements and NHS standing
- Experience in specialist field to post graduate diploma level or equivalent
- Ability to carry out moderate to intense physical effort throughout the working day and to work within an environment with competing demands
- Ability to maintain high levels of concentration
- Evidence of maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Evidence of high level communication skills within a wide variety of settings
- Evidence of high level of post graduate training including CPD
- Evidence of working on strategic planning and development
- Evidence of working within MSK services
- Ability to manage staff
- Ability to lead in service developments
- Ability to lead on audit
- Able to present information, written and orally in a clear and logical manner
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Basic IT skills
- Able to use own initiative appropriately to enhance service delivery
- Evidence of ability to be innovative and proactive
- Intermediate IT skills
- Presentational skills
- A proactive ability to represent the profession and the Trust with positive enthusiasm
- Commitment, motivation and adaptability
- Good levels of general fitness
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Driving Licence
- Please provide a telephone number in order that we can contact you quickly, should we need to do so, with regard to this application. If you do not have a telephone number, please write 'number not available'
South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Sunderland Royal Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.