The post is full-time Starting salary (NHS Band 6).
The post is based at the Joint Research Management Office, Barts Health, Whitechapel campus.
Applications are invited from individuals with an expert research costings & contracts background and sound knowledge of costings & contracts processes to join the Joint Research Management Office (JRMO). The JRMO is a joint office which manages clinical research on behalf of Barts Health NHS Trust and Queen Mary University London (QMUL). This is a very busy department within the JRMO working with our researchers and commercial and non-commercial partners to ensure the Research Costings & Contracts objectives of both organisations are met. This is a new role within the JRMO pre-award team. The post holder will support the Research Costings & Contracts Manager to manage a portfolio of research costings and contracts across all research specialties within the Trust.Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will have either a relevant first Degree or a minimum of 3 years' experience working in an NHS Research Environment. You will have experience of clinical trials in the life science sector and have a thorough knowledge of costings & contracts with the NHS, including expert understanding of AcoRD methodology. Knowledge of the Medicines for Human Use (Clinical Trials) Regulations Data Protection Act GDPR Human Tissue Act Law of confidence Research Governance Framework, Good Clinical Practice (ICH GCP), HRA approval process are essential as are excellent communication skills and the ability to prepare and deliver presentations and reports to a high standard.About us
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together. We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience, and knowledge required. For both documents, please view the attachment/s below. We are dedicated to being an outstanding place to work and will work with you to get the best experience. We know flexible working is not a one size fits all and will mean something different to everyone. We are inclusive, so if you are interested in flexible working, please speak to the recruiting manager.
For further details / informal visits contact:Informal enquiries about this post can be made to Anam Hoque - Research Costings & Contracts Manager email@example.comPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Relevant Degree or minimum of 3 years working in an NHS Research Environment
- Qualifications Relevant Degree or minimum of 3 years working in an NHS Research Environment Good Clinical Practice Training
- Experience of costing and contracting within the NHS
- Experience of multi stakeholder management
- Proven experience of process management
- Experience of working with and or in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience of working in the NHS/academic environment
- Knowledge of AcoRD methodology
- Knowledge of the Medicines for Human Use (Clinical Trials) Regulations Data Protection Act GDPR Human Tissue Act Law of confidence Research Governance Framework, Good Clinical Practice (ICH GCP), HRA approval process, gained through experience/ training
- Knowledge of Local Portfolio Management Systems (LPMS), including EDGE
- Knowledge and experience of the National Institute of Health Research (NIHR), its values, aims and structure
- High level of organisational skills and ability to manage own workload
- Flexible / adaptable
- Computer literate and experienced in using MS Office packages
- Have developed persuasive, motivational, and negotiating skills
- Demonstrate the skills to continually improve the service
- Deal effectively with any service specific issues that arise
- Ability to balance individual needs against service
- Capable of working without supervision and on own initiativ
- Ability to present information to an individual or group as appropriate
- Understanding of the requirements regarding patient confidentiality
- Proven interpersonal skills to work with clinical and management colleagues at all levels across a range of organisations
- Good problem solving skills
- Initiative and drive to achieve results
- Facilitative, patient and helpful
- Attention to detail and conscientious
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Strives for quality and safety
Employer detailsEmployer name
- To comply with Barts Health NHS Trust WECARE values
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
69-89 Mile End Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.