Are you interested in a career with a genuinely integrated care organisation? Do you want to be part of a new organisation that is developing pathways and services to transform the way that care is delivered locally? Are you interested in improving the health of our local population? If your answer is yes to any of these questions, then we are looking for you.
Dudley Integrated Health and Care NHS Trust (DIHC) is the first Integrated Care Provider in the country. It was launched in April 2020 following a period of development and integrates primary care with community services within the Dudley healthcare system. Our core aim is Dudley First, community where possible and hospital where necessary, and our purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of our local population in Dudley.
The Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP) will act autonomously within their professional scope of practice providing care for patients face to face, telephone consultations and home visits.
The post holder will operate within their own sphere of competence and agreed acceptable limits of practice to provide expert professional clinical advice to patients, carers and colleagues, ensuring clinical safety and excellence.
The Advanced Nurse Practitioner will need to prioritise and triage the needs of patients accordingly, making any necessary referrals for investigations in the appropriate manner.Main duties of the job
For an extensive list of main duties for this post please refer to the attached job description however as an insight to this role, you could be expected to:
- Assess, plan, develop, implement and evaluate treatment programmes that promote health and well-being.
- On call duties with the support of the GP.
- Be confident independently prescribing and reviewing medication for therapeutic effectiveness, appropriate to patient needs and in accordance with evident practice and national and practice protocols
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual treatment plans for patients with a known long-term conditions
- Proactively identify, diagnose and manage treatment plans for patents at risk of developing long term conditions as appropriate
- Work with patients in order to support adherence to prescribed treatments
- Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergency situations including initiation of effective emergency care
- Support patients to adopt health promotion strategies that promote patients to live healthy, and apply principles of self-care
DIHC is committed to embracing diversity and we recognise the need to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we serve to enable us to achieve our purpose and commitments.
We recognise that we are under-represented in a number of areas, and therefore want to positively encourage applications from individuals from black, Asian or other ethnically diverse groups, people with disabilities and people from the LGBT community.
We are embedding values based and inclusive recruitment practices to ensure that all applicants, from any backgrounds, have an equal chance of success in achieving a role with us.
Flexible working options can also be discussed in more detail with the Recruiting Manager for the post, or line manager once in post as part of our Flexible Working Policy. Please be advised that requests will be considered based upon the service structure and service needs once in post.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease view the attached job description and person specification for more specific information about this post.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course our patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not a condition of employment at this time, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. We will be checking the vaccination status of all new starters so that we can manage individual and environmental risks, and so that we can support those who may be undecided about vaccination. If you are unvaccinated there is helpful advice and information at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/ where you can also find out more about how to access vaccinations.
DIHC presents the unique opportunity to welcome staff into a new type of NHS Trust where they can work in partnership with others to create A Great Place to Work. For more information, please look at our website www.dihc.nhs.ukPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse with Nursing and Midwifery Council
- MSc Advanced Practice Qualification
- Qualified Independent Nurse Prescriber
- Management and Leadership Qualification
- Research and Education Qualification
- Qualified Triage Nurse
- Experience in Diagnosing and managing minor illness
- Experience of practice within four pillars
- Experience of prescribing and undertaking medication reviews
- Experience of working in a primary care environment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working as a practice nurse or community nurse
Dudley Integrated Health and Care NHS TrustAddress
Clement Road Medical Centre
4a Clement Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.