Are you looking for the opportunity to further develop your clinical and leadership skills? Do you enjoy working with people with a diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder and offering specialist, evidence based interventions? Would you enjoy the challenge of developing psychological interventions and care pathways accross BSMHFT and nationally? If so, we would welcome an application from you to join us as a full-time Principal Clinical Psychologist.
You will lead and supervise others and be responsible for overseeing the clinical delivery of both Mood on Track Programme (group CBT and individual relapse prevention) and our therapies pathway (e.g. Family Interventions, CBT) and will contribute to clinical activities within this role. CBT training/ BABCP accreditation would be an asset . There is a focus on quality , effectiveness , experience and furthering knowledge. Research , service evaluation , quality improvement are integral to the role.
The candidate will have opportunities to develop the care of those with a diagnosis of Bipolar regionally and nationally by involvement in projects and training. They will be welcomed into a supportive MDT, have opportunities to develop specialist clinical and leadership skills and will receive specialist clinical supervision.
Individuals at Band 8b (or eligible for this banding) with suitable experience including therapuetic work with people with a diagnosis of Bipolar and /or Psychosis will be considered.Main duties of the job
Some specific duties are :
Assess and deliver specialist evidence based psychological interventions to those with a diagnosis of Bipolar disorder who may have co-morbid difficulties
Provide comprehensive risk assessment and risk management
Lead, organise and develop the Mood on Track Programme and therapies pathways ,providing support and supervision to other staff
Work within a multi-disciplinary setting to provide excellent qulity care
Communicate and liaise with professionals in mental health settings and accross the wider care pathway
Develop and provide training both locally and nationally
Oversee the provision of psychology placements for undergraduate and post graduate students
Be involved in / lead research, evaluation and quality improvement
We support multidisciplinary team members to build knowledge, skills, and confidence by co-facilitation , supervision, and reflective practice. Our specialist service has a reputation for clinical excellence and research and innovation and we are actively involved in service development, evaluation, and research, including research with with Professor Paul Gilbert evaluating CFT for Bipolar Disorder.
If you share our ethos of providing quality, effective and recovery-focused care and commitment to keep service users at the heart of what we do and would like to develop your clinical and leadership skills, we would love to hear from you. Please contact us for further information or to arrange an informal visit.About us
Welcome to Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust. Our 4000 clinical and support staff help us to improve mental health wellbeing and meet the needs of the 70,000 people we serve each year. We provide a range of mental healthcare services across Birmingham and Solihull, as well as specialised services nationally. We also offer medical, nursing and psychology training and are proud of our international reputation for both research and innovation.
Our population is culturally diverse, characterised in places by high levels of deprivation which create an increasing demand for our services and a necessity for us to make sure everyone can access the help they need. We are a team of compassionate, inclusive and committed people working together to provide excellent care to support our community. If you are looking for a place to belong, where you can make a real difference to people's lives, join our team where our warm welcome is waiting for you.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information about main responsibilities please see the attached job description and person specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- HCPC/BPS accredited training in Clinical Psychology
- HCPC registration or eligible for this
- Additional pre or post qualification training in an accredited psychological therapy or other field of applied psychologyrelevant to Bipolar Psychosis
- supervision training
- CBT for Bipolar Psychosis
- BABCP accreditation (or working towards)
- A cler interest in providing psychological intervention to those with Bipolar Disorder
- Significant post qualification experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of clients with complex difficulties including bipolar psychosis across multidisciplinary adult community , secondary or tertiary care settings
- Significant post qualification experience of working with a variety of client groups of working age with wide-ranging presenting problems
- Significant post qualification experience of receiving supervision (minimum 50 hours) so can supervise other psychologists
- Experience of developing and delivering teaching / training
- Experience of supervising others
- Experience of MDT working
- Exprience of research and service development
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Experience of working therapeutically with service users who presenting with complex mental health needs and risks
- Experience of risk assessment and formulation, safety planning
- Experience of working in a multicultural framework
- Skills in the use of complex methods of psychological assessment, including psychometric testing
- Skills in psychological formulation, with individual clients and with teams
- Skills in implementation of highly specialist psychological therapies, interventions and management techniques appropriate for use with complex presenting problems
- Skills in providing consultation and advice from a psychological perspective to members of other professional and non-professional groups
- High level communication skills, liason , team working etc
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of specialised psychological therapies in bipolr / psychosisto reach' groups
- High level knowledge of the theory and practice of at least two specialised psychological therapies
- Group intervention skills
Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
52 Queensbridge Rd
Birmingham and Solihull
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.