Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.Main duties of the job
Junior Infection Prevention and Control Nurse
Two Band 6 / Full Time/ Permanent/ Royal Free hospital
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Infection Prevention and Control Team (IPCT) - We are looking for enthusiastic, proactive, motivated and/or experienced infection prevention & control nurse to take up a post within our IPCT.
This would be an ideal opportunity for a dynamic, confident, and highly motivated nurse wishing to further their career in a specialist and pivotal field within healthcare. It's an exciting time to join our friendly, proactive, productive and awarding winning team. The role is interesting and tasks include daily patient ward rounds, proactive advice giving to patients/staff/visitors, problem solving, undertaking audits, infection surveillance, outbreak management and teaching.
This post requires travelling to other trust premises and therefore candidates must be able to get around the trust sites in a timely and efficient manner. You must have enthusiasm to continue professional self-development and development of others. You will need to demonstrate your expertise and the contribution you can make to building a team, maintaining and improving trust infection rates and leading the trust forward as a centre of world class care.About us
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6million patients, treat more than 200,000 in A& E, deliver over 8,000 babies and carry out more than 17million tests.
Our size, scale and influence offer you unrivalled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits, to next level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top
For more information please follow link https://www.royalfreelondonjobs.co.uk/Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.Person SpecificationEducation & professional QualificationsEssential
- RGN (A) essential
- Appropriate teaching certificate or extensive teaching experience (A) essential
- Be prepared to work towards degree level education/ modules in infection prevention and control (E)
Skills and aptitudesEssential
- Recent experience at Band 5 or 6 in acute nursing (A) essential.
- Experience in teaching multidisciplinary staff (A/I) (essential).
- nderstanding of clinical risk, clinical governance and national benchmarks.
- Evidence of participation in audit and the promotion of evidence based practice (A/I) (essential).
Personal Qualities & attributesEssential
- Able to contribute to business plans, policies and clinical protocols.
- Research appreciation and ability to influence others through research findings (I) (essential).
- Understanding of effective staff deployment and management of budgets. (I)
- Understanding of national frameworks (I)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to be self-directed in designated projects but also participate as a team member (I) (essential).
- Understanding of the role competencies of the post being aware of own boundaries and other members of health care team (I) (essential).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (I) (essential).
Royal Free London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Free Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.