Are you passionate about equality and inclusion? Do you want to create an environment where every staff member can thrive?
If yes, then this role gives you an exciting opportunity to join the team at UHMBT supporting us on improving equality and inclusion in our organisation.
You will work with stakeholders internally and externally to identify and implement changes to make a real difference to the lived experiences of our workforce and help achieve our strategic objectives. You will build on work that has been started and to ensure that the equality agenda is mainstreamed into all areas of activity. Importantly, you'll work towards creating a sense of ownership and responsibility in all roles at the Trust for inclusion and belonging. You will support the Strategic Lead for Inclusion inensuring the organisation meets its statutory obligations in line with current equality legislation and best practice.
This is a full-time position of 37.5 hours per week but we are open to discussing flexible working arrangements including different working patterns or job share. We are a friendly team, excited to take the next steps in our Inclusion journey and keen to develop creative and innovative approaches to Inclusion work which has a positive impact for all.Main duties of the job
- To provide People and OD support to managers, colleagues and networks on all issues relating to equality, diversity, inclusion and belonging.
- To support the modernisation, new ways of working and continuous improvement of the service in the designated area of responsibility including the Workforce Race Equality Standard, Workforce Disability Equality Standard, reducing the Gender Pay Gap and UHMBT's local Workforce Sexual Orientation Standard.
- To design and deliver training sessions on a range of people & OD topics to groups of staff across the Trust, for example behaviours at work, Equality Impact Assessments, Anti-racism training. To provide continuous support and guidance on these matters.
- Use own expertise, data and insights, and knowledge of best practice to design effective models, systems and tools that improve Inclusion and Equity, celebrate Diversity and foster a sense of Belonging at UHMBT.
Weoperatefrom three main hospitals -Furness General Hospital (FGH) in Barrow, the Royal Lancaster Infirmary (RLI), and Westmorland General Hospital (WGH) in Kendal, as well asa number ofcommunity health care premises including Millom Hospital and GP Practice, Queen Victoria Hospital in Morecambe, and Ulverston Community Health Centre.
FGH and the RLI have a range of General Hospital services, with full Emergency Departments, Critical/Coronary Care units and various Consultant-led services.
WGH provides a range of General Hospital services, together with an Urgent Treatment Centre, that can help with a range of non-life threateningconditions such as broken bones and minor illnesses.
All three main hospitalsprovide a range of planned care including outpatients, diagnostics, therapies, day case and inpatient surgery. In addition, a range of local outreach services and diagnostics are provided from community facilities across Morecambe Bay.
Our community services for adults are provided in people's homes, community centres, clinics, GP Practices, community hospitals and our main hospitals. Our aim is to work with people to help them remain independent, improve theirhealthand manage their conditions through high quality care,adviceand support.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specificationlocatedunder the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay visiting our websitehttps://www.uhmb.nhs.uk/Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationEssential
- Degree in HR or a related subject or equivalent experiential learning
- Evidence of continuous learning and development
- Track record of implementing inclusive approaches
- Experience of developing and supporting networks internally and externally
- Experience of understanding best practice approaches for engaging diverse voices
- Experience of working in partnership with senior managers
- In depth understanding of Equality Act 2010
- Ability to advise on complex Inclusion issues
- Ability to analyse highly sensitive and complex information
- Excellent IT skills including Excel
- Good communicator
- Strong relationship management skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Policy development
- Line mgt experience
- Case management
- Culture change experience
- Understanding of WRES, WDES and WSEOS
- Understanding of NHS context
University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS TrustAddress
Moor Lane Mills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.