An exciting opportunity has now arisen and we are in the position to recruit a Deputy Ward Manager, to work within our Older Adult Ward, Ruby WardMain duties of the job
The successful candidate will be a competent practitioner with a proven record of leadership skills as a band 5 nurse and able to take responsibility for the overseeing assessments of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for client requiring treatment. You will be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent risk assessment skills,
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Demonstrate compassion, understanding, commitment, enthusiasm, and above all be highly motivated.
- An understanding the Recovery Model approach is essential, taking into account the needs of families and carer's, and become part of an established multidisciplinary team.
- The candidate will have a high level of knowledge and philosophy of the 6 C's of care.
- Active participation will be required in the training and education of learners allocated to the Mental Health Service, and to encourage integration between the Ward Team and the Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team.
- The successful candidate will deliver the highest quality care for patients with acute mental health issues with a positive attitude with a commitment to maintain EPUT's excellent customer care.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment.
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We are looking for people who can bring commitment and fresh ideas, and determination to take forward our service in new and innovative ways in return we offer Training and development of staff, support through regular supervision and Appraisal to assist you in setting realistic objectives.
The ward is currently looking for a Deputy Ward Manager
KEY RESPONSIBILITIESResponsible for the clinical leadership of a team of nurses in an Acutesetting.
Responsible for the assessment implementation and evaluation of careplans for individual service users.
Work as a key worker advising and supporting colleagues as required
To assist the Ward Manager in setting and maintaining high standards ofcare and evaluating quality outcomes.
Participate in a range of assessments provided during 24 hour period.
To take charge of the unit in the absence of the person with continuingresponsibility, this includes the role of bed manager for the unit.
To teach and supervise the team, including qualified, non-qualified andlearners.
Maintain good standards of communication, both oral and written, inaccordance with NMC guidelines.
Responsible for reporting to the Team Manager (or nominated deputy) anycircumstances that may affect the delivery of care and / or efficientrunning of the ward.
Ensure all staff adhere to Trust Policies and ProceduresPerson SpecificationQualifications / EducationEssential
- RMN ENB 998 or equivalent
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Ability to be a role model of good practice.
- Proven ability to work whilst under pressure.
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act & Mental Capacity Act.
Skills and ExperienceEssential
- Research and development skills and relevant qualification.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Significant experience at Band 5.
- Evidence of post qualifying continued learning.
- Literate in IT/Computer Skills
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Ruby Ward, Crystal Centre
Puddings Wood Drive
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.