We are recruiting for Registered Nurses - Ward 10A who share our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
Ward 10A is a 24 bedded ward providing care to patients with Oncology, Haematology and General Medicine needs
We are in the top three NHS hospital groups in the East of England for size, so, you'll work with a great mix of patients.
We have close working links with the University of Hertfordshire and Cambridge University, as well as being a founding member of theEastern Academic Health Sciences Network. We have specialties that are not found normally at a general hospital, including cardiology, renaland robotic urology - this means that your new role will be really interesting and there are great opportunities to learn new skills.
Our Values are I
espect and I
mprove. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!Main duties of the job
As a Registered Nurse at East and North Herts NHS Trust, you can expect the following:
- An on-site dedicated and professional non-medical education team to support you as you progress through your nursing career including a continuing professional development lead, responsible for staff development.
- An established preceptorship scheme to ensure that our new nurses continue to develop their nursing skills, leadership, values and the importance of care and compassion, including the support ofan allocated preceptor through the preceptorship period
- A Band 5 Internal Transfer Scheme designed to help our nurses move into different areas of the Trust as part of ongoing careers conversations with youo A clear direction for nurses, midwives and allied health professionals in the Trust with its specific Nursing, Midwifery and Allied Health Professionals strategyo An annual appraisal schemeo Commitment and participation in a clinical excellence accreditation framework
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general & specialist services we provide & our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible & innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation our staff & patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We understand that finding and starting a new job is an important life decision. If you need reasonable adjustments for a disability, or a life event, such as menopause - so that we can consider your application fairly & to get the best out of you during the selection process, please let us know.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. Employees are entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns & we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made & considered formally, & will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationQualifications/TrainingEssential
- Registered Nurse on part 1, part 2 or part 12 of the NMC register
- Commitment to life long learning
- Ability to product updated personal professional portfolio
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Evidence of Assessing and Mentorship qualification
- Evidence of appropriate Specialist Qualification
- Previous experience of working in a ward/department care environment
- Currently working in an acute ward environment within the NHS
- Experience of supporting students/clinical support workers within the NHS
Desirable Other RequirementsEssential
- Evidence of good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work within a team
- Self awareness
- Sound organisational skills
- Knowledge of appropriate surgical/medical conditions and their management
- Awareness of strategies for maintaining a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of appropriate specialist nursing care requirements
- Resource management awareness
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Coreys Mill Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.