Technician and Installation Lead (Art and Interior Design)
Vital Arts, the charitably funded arts organisation within Barts Health NHS Trust, is seeking a new Technician and Installation Lead (Art and Interior Design) who will manage the Art Collection (of 2500+ objects), serve as the in-house art technician, and lead on all technical issues pertaining to art installation, inventory and art fabrication.
We're seeking someone with expertise in collection management, outstandingregistrar skillsand aptitude for technical trouble shooting.The post requires frequent travel between east London sites.Main duties of the job
The post holder will take on administrative duties. Along with engagement with the field of contemporary art, they will have excellent skills in admin, IT, budgeting, and database management.
The post will also offer opportunities toresearch artists, author texts about artworks for the website and didactic labels, and generally contribute the Vital Arts'sambitious and innovative programme.About us
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together. We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesWe are dedicated to being an outstanding place to work and will work with you to get the best experience. We know flexible working is not a one size fits all and will mean something different to everyone. We are inclusive, so if you are interested in flexible working, please speak to the recruiting manager.
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience, and knowledge required. For both documents, please view the attachment/s below.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- A minimum of 3 years' work experience post degree
- Knowledge of contemporary art and culture.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft office, including document Management systems.
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of software products including Excel, Access and Word.
- Working knowledge of asset management software.
- Office management skills.
- Sound knowledge of social media platforms.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in art, media or other creative subject such as design technology.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Strong attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- Professional outlook and approach.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- A completer finisher who is able to manage a large workload and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Talent in craftsmanship or technical/practical creative skills such as handling artworks, installation of framed artworks, using hand tools, painting and decorative repairs.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to develop effective local networks.
- Strong prioritisation skills to manage competing and unpredictable demands on time, whilst ensuring ongoing tasks are completed to deadline.
- Sound organisational skills.
- Ability to work with minimal direction, ensuring objectives are delivered to deadlines applying appropriate methodologies as necessary.
- Ability to sustain concentration and focus for long periods of time.
- Self- motivated and action orientated with excellent interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
20 Churchill Place
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.