We are seeking an experienced Paediatric Nurse to demonstrate leadership and clinical oversight within the Paediatric Emergency Department.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a Paediatric ED embedded within a busy Emergency Department serving a diverse population in South East Wales. In close proximity to the Brecon Beacons, coastal paths and areas of natural beauty.
The successful post holder will need to be a driven, dynamic and passionate individual who can work under pressure, delivering high standards of quality care as well as working collaboratively with colleagues within the multi-disciplinary team.
Being Manchester Triage System (MTS) trained is an essential component and the ability to make clinical decisions inclusive of a wide variety of complex elements as prescribed by the role job description and person specification.
Comprehensive communication skills are required to undertake complaints, ascertain and articulate risk of overall department demand and maintain high levels of professional standards, leading by example and role modelling.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.Main duties of the job
- Managerial responsibility and clinical leadership within Paediatric ED.
- Carry out a range of tasks involving direct and indirect care for the benefit of the patient/client.
- Be responsible for dealing with patient admissions, triage, discharge and supervision of others in these tasks.
- Liaise with Ward staff and supporting agencies during admission and discharge to ensure safe and efficient patient flow through the ED.
- Ensure that practice is in line with, and reflects the requirement of the NMC Code and is based on evidence-based practice.
- Ensure that any personal and professional development plans reflect the requirements of the NMC and revalidation.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationEnglishEssential
- BSc Child Nursing or BSc Adult Nursing
EnglishEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Significant experience as a senior staff nurse within relevant field
- Evidence of managerial/leadership experience
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Prince Charles Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.