We are looking for nursing staff for the liaison psychiatry team at Good Hope Hospital. We would welcome any applicants to make contact in advance.
Are you an experienced, committed and enthusiastic mental health nurse looking to develop your skills within the largest and busiest hospital in the city?
The Liaison Psychiatry Service is an innovative and award winning team delivering mental health assessment, intervention, care planning, signposting and onward referrals for patients in acute hospitals, initially developed in Birmingham in 2009. We work to address the mental health needs of people receiving physical health treatment from ages 16-years and upwards. Common presentations include deliberate self-harm, depression, dementia and psychosis. We assess people in A& E and from any ward/medical specialty across the hospital.
We give you the opportunity to become a specialist nurse in liaison psychiatry, develop your assessment skills and be part of this innovative team. You must be a qualified nurse with experience of leading a team within clinical settings and be prepared to work across a 24 hour rota. Older adult experience is desirable but not essential. It's important that you have an understanding of multidisciplinary services and the challenges that face people with mental health problems.
For further details, please contact Andrea Maynard (Good Hope Team Manager) on 0121 424 7655.Main duties of the job
- Will act as a practitioner within the acute hospital whilst liaising with other professionals
- Will work as a generic liaison mental health nurse
- Responsible for the assessment, planning implementation and evaluation of nursing care within agreed parameters and have a working knowledge of local, national policies and legislation which govern current service provision and audit
- Will be responsible for ensuring effective communication pathways are maintained
- Will be responsible for ensuring the promotion of equality, diversity and rights in accordance with good practice and legislation
- Take responsibility for identifying and contributing to the training needs necessary in providing quality evidence based care as appropriate
- Support senior colleagues in the effective assessment and delivery of the liaison clinical service
Welcome to Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust. Our 4000 clinical and support staff help us to improve mental health wellbeing and meet the needs of the 70,000 people we serve each year. We provide a range of mental healthcare services across Birmingham and Solihull, as well as specialised services nationally. We also offer medical, nursing and psychology training and are proud of our international reputation for both research and innovation.
Our population is culturally diverse, characterised in places by high levels of deprivation which create an increasing demand for our services and a necessity for us to make sure everyone can access the help they need. We are a team of compassionate, inclusive and committed people working together to provide excellent care to support our community. If you are looking for a place to belong, where you can make a real difference to people's lives, join our team where our warm welcome is waiting for you.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information about the main responsibilities please view the attached job description and person specification.Person SpecificationessentialEssential
- qualified RMN
- Experience of managing a team
- 2 years experience working in acute and urgent care
- Evidence of working autonomously
Employer detailsEmployer name
- older adult experience
- community nursing experience
- CAMHs experience
Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Good Hope Liaison psychiatry
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.