x1 PERMANENT BAND 6 SPECIALIST PSYCHOLOGICAL PRACTITIONER - CAMEO, HMP FOSTON HALL x1 FIXED TERM (MATERNITY COVER) BAND 6 SPECIALIST PSYCHOLOGICAL PRACTITIONER - TAMARIND CENTRE
Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust (BSMHFT) invite applications from enthusiastic and resilient professionals to join our expanding Secure Care and Offender Health Services across the Trust, to the role of a Specialist Psychological Practitioner. This role is well suited to professionals working in the mental health or education, who have experience of delivering psychological interventions and are keen to develop their knowledge and skill in working psychologically with complex presentations, encompassing risk, personality difficulties and mental health.
We are recruiting to two vacancies in the following areas:
- Tamarind Centre, Bordesley Green - medium secure inpatient service for adult males.
- CAMEO, based at HMP Foston Hall, Derby - a personality disorder treatment service based within the prison estate for female service users who have complex needs.
We welcome applications from motivated people interested in working with complex presentations, balancing clinical need with risk management. A core part of these roles will be to work alongside colleagues from a range of disciplines sharing psychological knowledge and improving the psychological mindedness of the service.Main duties of the job
Under the supervision of a qualified psychologist, post holders will assist in delivering a range of individual and group interventions addressing emotional, behavioural and relational factors in order to improve service users' recovery and wellbeing. The post holders will support the direct assessment, formulation and delivery of interventions to address the full range of complex forensic mental health problems. They will also contribute to the production of risk assessments and behavioural management plans and be key in providing psychologically informed advice and support for those directly involved in the care of the individual. They would also support training, supervision and evaluation of the delivery of individual behavioural management plans, risk management activity and service user involvement. The post holders should have some experience in providing some supervision to a staff group and be able to identify and co-ordinate the need for systemic support. Ideally, post holders may also have a background in some of the following: teaching, counselling, social work, family work or nursing.
The service has identified resources supporting continuing professional development, including excellent multi-model supervision structures.The services are regional and therefore may require a degree of travel and working across locations.About us
Welcome to Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust. Our 4000 clinical and support staff help us to improve mental health wellbeing and meet the needs of the 70,000 people we serve each year. We provide a range of mental healthcare services across Birmingham and Solihull, as well as specialised services nationally. We also offer medical, nursing and psychology training and are proud of our international reputation for both research and innovation.
Our population is culturally diverse, characterised in places by high levels of deprivation which create an increasing demand for our services and a necessity for us to make sure everyone can access the help they need. We are a team of compassionate, inclusive and committed people working together to provide excellent care to support our community. If you are looking for a place to belong, where you can make a real difference to people's lives, join our team where our warm welcome is waiting for you.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information about the main responsibilities please view the attached job description and person specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree in Education (PGCE or equivalent), Social Work, Counselling, Psychology, Psychotherapy, RMN, Occupational Therapy, Art Therapy, with significant years professional practice.
- Recognise relevance and application of evidence-based practice and evidence of CPD.
- Experience of working with individuals with complex emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Experience in delivering individual psychological interventions.
- Experience in delivering group psychological interventions. Recent experience in a mental health or equivalent setting
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to reflect on clinical practice/intervention. Understanding the needs and demands of working with clients with complex developmental and social backgrounds.
- Understanding the impact of social circumstance, race, ethnicity, culture and gender on personality development. Ability to work effectively with service user representatives.
Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
HMP Foston Hall
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.