Band 6 Occupational Therapist, Care Home In Reach Team
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Occupational Therapist to join our Care Home In Reach Team. This post is particularly suited to a motivated, experienced and skilled Occupational Therapist who is competent in providing compassionate and person-centred care to service users.
The OT role is to deliver specialist assessments and provide interventions to support carers and clients with a range of complex cognitive functional needs. The post holder will provide specialist advice, support and consultation to clients and care home staff as well as providing advice to the MDT and supervision to junior OT staff.
The post holder will contribute to the development of the Older Person's Mental Health occupational therapy service. You will have an opportunity to help shape and promote the service.Main duties of the job
You will be required to work closely with MDT colleagues and contribute to the development of a high-quality, evidence-based occupational therapy service.
Alongside the clinical duties, the Band 6 OT provides advice, support and consultation to the wider MDT and provides formal and informal supervision to the band 5 Occupational Therapist within the team.
We encourage commitment to clinical supervision, personal development planning and practice placement education.About us
We believe staff are our best asset and wewant you to be happy and confident about starting your career here in Swansea Bay University Health Board.
As one of the biggest healthcare groups in the UK we can offer a wealth of professional training and development opportunities in an innovative, forward-thinking organisation.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from everyone whatever their sex religion or belief race age sexual orientation gender identity or, whether they are pregnant or have recently been on maternity leave, married or are in a civil partnership or, whether they are disabled.
Our values - Caring For Each Other, Working Together and Always Improving, show thatour commitment to equality is at the heart of everything we do.
If you want excellent career and training opportunities while living on the doorstep of some of Europe's most spectacular scenery,with all the benefits of a thriving and cosmopolitan city - look no further.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree in Occupational Therapy (or equivalent OT qualification)
- Professional Registration with HCPC
Experience & KnowledgeEssential
- Accredited fieldwork supervisor for the education of OT students
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of autonomous caseload management, comprising assessment, planning intervention and evaluation within relevant clinical area
- Understanding of the Occupational Therapy process within Older Person's Mental Health.
- Knowledge of the principles of Clinical Governance
- Broad knowledge of current best practice in Occupational Therapy with designated client group
- Experience of research and/ or audit and implementing evidence based practice
- Previous experience of supervising staff
- Ability to work single-handedly with individuals or groups
- Understanding of team dynamics
- Ability to work under pressure
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to reflect and critically appraise own performance
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work flexibly according to the needs of the service and prioritise workload appropriately.
Swansea Bay University Health BoardAddress
Care Home In Reach Team, Tonna Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.