Are you an enthusiastic and motivated individual who would thrive in providing care for and working within a diversecommunity and workforce? If so, we at Guys and St Thomas' Foundation NHS Trust physiotherapy department arelooking for you to come and join our rotational physiotherapy team.
We have current vacancies and we will also be recruiting to a talent-pool for expected future vacancies.
We will be accepting applications from Band 5 physiotherapists who already have their HCPC registration or will as at the end of December 2023.Main duties of the job
We offer rotations of 18 weeks duration in the following Clinical Areas:
Critical Care (40 + 13 beds), Lane Fox Unit (long-term respiratory care), Cardiothoracics, Medical and Surgical Wards, Renal Unit, Neurology, Stroke Unit, Amputees, Vascular, Older Persons Unit, Paediatrics, Orthopaedics, Women's Health, Oncology, Musculo-skeletal Outpatients (including GTU, gym, hydrotherapy and community), Intermediate Care, supported discharge and community neuro-rehabilitation.
You will be professionally and legally responsible for all aspects of your own work. You will be supported to carry out assessments of patients as an autonomous practitioner, and to use clinical reasoning skills and knowledge of evidence based practice to formulate appropriate care plan utilising a range of treatment skills and options.About us
Guy's and St Thomas' Foundation Trust is the largest teaching Hospital Trust in the country, employing over 300 physiotherapy staff. Our two main sites are in central London on the banks of the Thames, within walking distance of the West End and The City. We also support rotations atcommunity sites within Lambeth and Southwark.
We have physiotherapists working in all major specialties within the hospital. All sites have well-structured in-service training and personal development programmes. Staff are encouraged and supported to pursue an ongoing professionaleducation and continue their clinical managerial development.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will need excellent communication skills, the ability to work as part of a team, and the enthusiasm and willingness to consolidate and develop your existing clinical practice. You will be expected to ensure a high standard of patient care and show evidence of being self-motivated. You will need to be able to work in a flexible way in order to fulfil the varied requirements of the rotations and as more of the hospital provides services across a 7-day period to be able to support those service requirements.
We will provide you with excellent clinical support from experienced clinicians and regular in service training to develop your skills in these varied and challenging environments.
We are aiming to interview the 13th December. We are only offering face to face interviews
For further details please contact, Alexandra Curtis on firstname.lastname@example.orgPerson SpecificationQualifications and knowledgeEssential
- Diploma / Degree in Physiotherapy & HPC registration
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development including attendance at recent post graduate courses relevant to the clinical field
- Membership of Special Interest Group
- oAbility to work with multi/interdisciplinary team and set team goals
- oAbility to comprehend and work within the Trust's policies of data protection, equal opportunities and Health and Safety to meet the differing needs of the patients
- oUnderstanding of Clinical Governance and the implications for physiotherapy services including experience of quality issues and audit
- oCompetent IT skills
- oPresentation skills
- oCompletion of core placements - outpatients, rehabilitation (neurology, orthopaedics and care of the elderly) and respiratory as an undergraduate
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oExperience working within the NHS as an assistant or physiotherapist
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Thomas Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.