We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic person with an interest in research to support our growing clinical research team within Respiratory and Rheumatology.
We are looking for an individual who has excellent communication skills, experience in clinical areas and has an interest in clinical research and research processes.
The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of clinical trials from setup to closure. Duties will include recruiting subjects into studies, conducting research assessments and procedures at various timepoints, capturing source data, updating electronic data bases and resolving data queries in a timely manner.
You must be able to demonstrate an ability to manage your own workload, to work under pressure and to work flexibly as part of a team.
If this sounds like something you want to be part of, we are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic person who will complement our pre-existing team based at Royal Lancaster Infirmary.Main duties of the job
As a Band 5 Research Nurse /AHP/Practitioner you will directly contribute to the advancement of knowledge and new practise within the field of Health care.
You will work closely with experienced members of the Research team,in theset up and delivery of research trials.
You will require:
- Clinical experience
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Be able to work autonomously and have good time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to balance clinical work and non-clinical work as per research requirements
We operate from three main hospitals-Furness General Hospital (FGH) in Barrow, the Royal Lancaster Infirmary (RLI), and Westmorland General Hospital (WGH) in Kendal, as well as a number of community healthcare premises including Millom Hospital and GP Practice, Queen Victoria Hospital in Morecambe, and Ulverston Community Health Centre.
FGH and the RLI have a range of General Hospital services, with full Emergency Departments, Critical/Coronary Care units and various Consultant-led services.
WGH provides a range of General Hospital services, together with an Urgent Treatment Centre, that can help with a range of non-life threatening conditions such as broken bones and minor illnesses.
All three main hospitals provide a range of planned care including outpatients, diagnostics, therapies, day case and inpatient surgery. In addition, a range of local outreach services and diagnostics are provided from community facilities across Morecambe BayJob descriptionJob responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay visiting our website https://www.uhmb.nhs.uk/Person SpecificationEducation and qualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse/AHP or Research practitioner with equivalent experience
- Willingness to undertake further training relevant to the post - and to use and maintain these skills in the delivery of care
- Post registration experience. 1st level Degree
- Working within a multidisciplinary team
- Evidence of recent professional development.
- Experience of establishing effective communication.
Skills, ability and knowledgeEssential
- Previous experience within research setting
- Specific clinical skills appropriate to speciality or willingness to undertake
- Ability to work as part of the multi- disciplinary team
- Ability to prioritise own workload and that of others.
- Ability to demonstrate: Assertiveness, Motivational Skills, Negotiation, Problem solving, Decision Making, Delegation and Conflict resolution
- IT skills - use of email, microsoft, MS TEAMS
- Ability to communicate effectively both written & verbal.
- Ensures that own actions support equality, diversity, privacy and dignity
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge and skills obtained in a relevant band 5 post.
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice
University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS TrustAddress
Royal Lancaster Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.