- Location: Main Base - East Barn, Lancaster (with satellite bases in Blackpool and South Cumbria)
NL& SC SPCMHT covers a vast footprint including Blackpool, Fylde & Wyre, Lancaster and South Cumbria. We are seeking applications from confident and enthusiastic professionals who hold RMN/Social Work/OT registrations who are passionate about working in a perinatal service and have experience in a mental health, care coordination role. Post holders will carry out specialist assessments of women referred into the service and also be responsible for an allocated caseload working alongside senior clinicians and have responsibility for the delivery of high quality care.Main duties of the job
We welcome applications from both male and female applicants and although advantageous, there is no requirement to have previous perinatal experience, as training will be provided. As a team and service, we support flexible working and offer fantastic training and development opportunities!
- For further information contact
Hayley Sinclair, Team Leader, Tel: 01524 550887, or
Email: email@example.comAbout us
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role.Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationsEssential
- oMust hold a Mental Health professional qualification (RMN) oCompletion of, or working towards, Management or Leadership training oDocumented evidence of continuing professional development (CPD)
- oExpert knowledge on mental health issues and how these impact on the individual, carer's and the wider community. oExpertise in current best practice in Adult Mental Health , and awareness of relevant government directives and legislation oSpecialist knowledge and application of mental health assessments and interventions using expert level clinical reasoning oKnowledge of current research in specialist area and ability to implement into own and others' practice oDetailed knowledge of relevant legislation its impact on current practice. oDetailed knowledge of the principles of clinical governance and how to use governance to influence practice across teams. oKnowledge of a comprehensive range of Human resources procedures and the ability to put these into practice when acting up for the Locality Manager oDemonstrate an understanding of, and a commitment to the principles of recovery, choice and personalisation.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- o2 years post registration experience in a community mental health service ofamiliarity with audit processes oUse of evidence-based practice oExtensive clinical experiences including individual and group oSupervision of non-professionally qualified staff and nursing students oProvision of training and/or presentations to groups oDemonstrate planning skills, e.g. in terms of resource allocation and funding.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation TrustAddress
North Lancs & South Cumbria SPCMHT
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.