An exciting opportunity has arisen to join The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust (PAHT) as a Senior Learning and Organisational Development (L& OD) Support Officer in the L& OD department.
Reporting to the Associate Director of L& OD, the post holder will manage a team of support officers to effectively provide organisation, planning, administration, digital and logistical support across all functions within the department.
Notably, the post holder will be responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring a range of administrative processes, providing an advice/guidance support service for all L& OD activity including our learning management system, event planning coordination and producing/reporting key L& OD information.
As this is a busy and varied role involving line management responsibility and the use of systems, the post holder will have exceptional organisation skills, the ability to multitask, prioritise and work to key deadlines and experience of working with learning management systems. This is a highly visible role with the expectation to champion L& OD delivery functions across PAHT and role model our values.
You would be joining a friendly, professional and aspirational team where our focus is on achieving more together.
For a conversation about the role, please contact Denise Amoss, Interim Associate Director of Learning and Organisational Development.Main duties of the job
- Undertake first line management responsibilities for the L& OD administration team. This includes all aspects of management and development of the support team using the appropriate process and systems.
- Contributing to the delivery of an efficient and effective L& OD service ensuring that the service provided is meeting agreed quality standards through a customer-focussed approach.
- Optimise the learning management system 'This is Me System (TiMS) functionality to provide a great customer experience and timely accurate data when required.
- Make information about L& OD training, events and activities available digitally by updating the Intranet, creating and maintaining digital communication channels such as the learning management system, YouTube and all staff bulletins.
- Prepare and disseminate various reports to managers at all levels in the Trust, responding to and resolving any queries or discrepancies they may have with the data.
The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust (PAHT) provides a full range of general acute, outpatient and diagnostic services at The Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow, the Herts and Essex Hospital in Bishop's Stortford, and St Margaret's Hospital in Epping.
We employ 3,500 staff and serve a local population of around 350,000 people living in west Essex and east Hertfordshire, centered on the M11 corridor and the towns of Harlow, Bishop's Stortford and Epping. Our extended catchment area incorporates a population of up to 500,000 and includes the areas of Hoddesdon, Cheshunt and Broxbourne in Hertfordshire. Our Values
The Princess Alexandra Promise to our patients as identified by our 3 values which will contribute to improving our patient experiences: Patient at heart
- Always holding the patient and their wellbeing at the centre of our thoughts and efforts Everyday excellence
- Sharing and celebrating our successes, being honest when we get it wrong, giving us the ability to learn from both Creative collaboration
- Knowing strength comes from diversity, we combine our experiences, skills and talents, working together to find new and better ways to care
The Trust believes in investing in all our staff and rewarding high standards of care whilst building for excellence and in return we expect our staff to uphold the Trust values to the highest level.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see job description and person specification for and main responsibilities - Applications are scored based on aspects of the person specificationPerson SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Experience of managing multiple projects
- Experience of organising events/meetings
- Ability to deliver deadlines on a wide range of administrative processes
- Experience of working within a demanding/ high intensity administrative setting
- Experience in using electronic staff databases, and learning management systems for managing training and e-learning
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) virtual meeting platforms and digital media
- Experience of facilitating training courses
- Experience of managing, guiding and motivating a team to excel
- Experience of mentoring and supporting colleagues with skills development
Education and QualificationsEssential
- Patient at heart - Always holding the patient and their wellbeing at the centre of our thoughts and efforts
- Everyday excellence - Sharing and celebrating our successes, being honest when we get it wrong, giving us the ability to learn from both
- Creative collaboration - Knowing strength comes from diversity, we combine our experiences, skills and talents, working together to find new and better ways to care
- Professional or vocational qualification or equivalent experience in business administration
- English and Maths GCSE (or equivalent qualifications or significant relevant experience)
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Certificate in personnel practice/CIPD/Human Resources/Learning & Development
- Experience of dealing with complex sensitive issues which demonstrate the ability to show an empathetic approach towards all levels of staff
- Uses judgment and is aware when to escalate issues upwards
- An understanding of the importance of ensuring confidential information and security of sensitive information. An awareness of the principles of the Data Protection Act and the Freedom of information Act.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to plan and organise a number of complex activities at the same time which include allocating or re-allocating tasks to staff on a daily basis`
The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Princess Alexandra Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.