An exciting opportunity has arisen within The Life Rooms for an experienced Customer Care Manager. The post is permanent, and the post holder will be based in the Business and Innovation Team at Walton Life Rooms with an expectation to travel across the geographical footprint of The Life Rooms sites.
Interviews will be held in person at The Life Rooms, Walton . You will be expected to submit and deliver a presentation describing '' how you will support The Life Rooms to achieve a gold standard of service delivery''.
Presentations will need to be submitted 24 hours before your interview via email to
For further information contact Vicki McGuinness, Business Support Manager at email@example.com
Shortlisting planned for 1 December.
Interviews planned for 7 December.Main duties of the job
The post holder will oversee the management of The Life Rooms services and environments ensuring a safe, welcoming, rewarding and fulfilling experience for all who utilise the buildings, staff, service users,and partner organisations. The post holder will be responsible for upholding the values and ethos of The Life Rooms and the Social Model of Health, ensuring that it is authentically co-produced and reviewed through side-by-side activity.
The post holder will directly line manage four Life Rooms Co-ordinators across four sites Walton, Bootle, Southport and Lee Valley. They will work with the Coordinators and the Operational Delivery Managersto ensure that the buildings are safe, welcoming, supportive and compliant with all safety and cleanliness regulations, and to ensure that service provision is co-ordinated, promoted, optimised and in line withservice user, staff and partner requirements. In addition, the post holder will have oversight of reception and caf activities in Life Rooms buildings.
The post holder will work with the Life Rooms Co-ordinators and Operational Delivery Managers to ensure that where Life Rooms delivery takes place in satellite sites, the same equity of service provision andstandards are maintained.About us
Mersey Care is one of the largest trusts providing physical health and mental health services in the North West, serving more than 11 million people.
We offer specialist inpatient and community services that support physical and mental health and specialist inpatient mental health, learning disability, addiction and brain injury services. Mersey Care is one of only three trusts in the UK that offer high secure mental health facilities.
At the heart of all we do is our commitment to 'perfect care' - care that is safe, effective, positively experienced, timely, equitable and efficient. We support our staff to do the best job they can and work alongside service users, their families, and carers to design and develop future services together. We're currently delivering a programme of organisational and service transformation to significantly improve the quality of the services we provide and safely reduce cost as we do so.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
1. Have oversight of the effective management of the three Life Rooms Buildings and all satellite sites. Working closely with the four Life Rooms Coordinators to ensure that all are compliant with health and safety, and infection and prevention control regulations and are well maintained at alltimes.2. Have oversight of the QRV process. Working closely with the four Life Rooms Co-ordinators to ensure that all Life Rooms buildings are compliant with QRV requirements and that staff are adequately prepared for planned and on-the-spot visits.3. Work closely with the four Life Rooms Coordinators, reception staff, and Facilities Management Assistants to ensure that everyone who uses The Life Rooms buildings or satellite sites experiences a welcoming and safe environment that allows them to feel the sense of belonging,support, and potential for development that the Social Model of Health encapsulates and promotes.4. Have oversight of the caf provision, procurement, and income generation opportunities, working closely with The Life Rooms Co-ordinators of Life Rooms buildings housing cafs.5. Work with the Life Rooms Co-ordinator, Walton to re-implement and develop the library service. Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with the Liverpool library service and ensure that front line staff are trained to operate all aspects of the service.6. Source and procure a programme of customer service training. Work with front line staff, particularly Life Rooms Co-ordinators, Reception staff, Facilities Management Staff, and Volunteers to implement and support a programme of customer service training.7. Work closely with the Business Support Manager to ensure that all staff have the opportunity to link into The Life Rooms-wide and Trust-wide programmes of development, support and training commissioned from OE+L to support the development of the welcoming and supportive culturethroughout The Life Rooms Teams.8. Have oversight of the effective side by side activity within The Life Rooms buildings and all satellite sites. Working closely with the four Life Rooms Coordinators and staff in satellite sites to ensure that all pillars of the Social Model of Health are developing service provision in line with authenticside by side co-production with service users, staff, and partner organisations.9. Work closely with Operational Delivery Managers to ensure that all Life Rooms buildings and satellite sites have optimal service provision at all times, minimum duplication of events, and a full and appropriate annual programme of delivery that is sufficiently promoted.10. Work closely with the Operational Delivery Managers, The Life Rooms Co-ordinators, and the Communications and Marketing Lead to develop, implement, and publicise an annual programme of events for the Life Rooms buildings that involves partner organisations and Life Rooms Volunteers, ensuring that each site is adequately prepared and staffed for all events and that each site has an equal share of activities.11. Work with service users, staff and partner organisations to routinely collect meaningful feedback around activity and experience within The Life Rooms and satellite sites so that all those involved in service delivery or experiencing activity and delivery have every opportunity to make their voice heard and listened to.12. Work with the four Life Rooms Coordinators to ensure that all the buildings and satellite sites, as well as the activity and service provision contained within them, are accessible and inclusive to all.13. Support the Service Leads, where appropriate, to identify and scope the potential of any additional satellite sites.14. Directly line manage the four Life Rooms Coordinators, undertaking the full range of managerial responsibilities including recruitment, sickness management, PACE, and dealing with any grievance or disciplinary matters.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to Degree level in Business Studies or relevant equivalent
- English and Mathematics at a GCSE pass level
- Customer Service qualification to a minimum of a Level 3 Diploma
- Experience in Project Management
- COSHH trained or willing to complete
- Demonstrable experience of implementing, delivering, maintaining and constantly improving an excellent customer care experience
- Demonstrable understanding of commercial and contractual issues
- Demonstrable experience of partnership working across all sectors
- Demonstrable experience of line managing staff teams
- Experience of analysis and interpretation of data to drive service improvement
- Experience in the use of IT systems
- Experience of working in a commercial environment
- Experience of working with individuals who have lived experience of mental and physical ill health
- Excellent planning skills and the ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to work at a fast pace and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships across many sectors and on individual levels
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Solutions focussed
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Continuous Improvement
- High professional standards
- Responsive to service users
- Engaging leadership style
- Strong customer service belief
- Transparency and honesty
- Change oriented
Mersey Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Walton Life Rooms
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.