Community Nursing Services Opportunityfor District Nurse Clinical Lead (Band 7) Permanent - up to 37.5 hours per week Based in Eastbourne, Hailsham and Seaford
- Are you a District Nurse with the Specialist Practice Qualification (SPQ) looking for the opportunity to develop your career?
- Do you want to be part of an innovative team that is remodelling its adult community nursing services to ensure they are fit for the future?
If you are, an exciting and interesting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and enthusiastic Clinical Lead Nurse to join our District Nursing Service.
We are looking for District Nurse who hold a Community Specialist Practitioner Qualification and have significant Community Nursing experience to clinically lead a Primary Care Network (PCN) aligned Locality team. The post holder will need to demonstrate a comprehensive specialist knowledge base and promote excellence in nursing practice in a dynamic healthcare environment.
They will be responsible for the development and delivery of a 7 day consistently high quality, safe and sustainable, cost efficient service operating 08:00 til 20:00Main duties of the job
- Assessing new patients for nursing interventions in their own homes, creating and evaluating care plans.
- Undertaking skilled nursing interventions for a devolved caseload with support of the District Nurse and Clinical Leads.
- Assisting patients and carers in achieving optimal independence using best practice and following national and Trust policies and guidelines.
It can be quite a challenging role at times, so a positive attitude, compassion, resilience, and vigilance are important.
If you are flexible and have the aspiration, capability, and dedication, we can give you the support and opportunities to help you achieve your career goals. Each and every employee is valued and supported within the team, as everyone has an important role to play in our success. It is only with the dedication, passion and hard work from everyone in the team that excellent patient care can be achieved.About us
Working for your organisation We are proud to provide 'Outstanding' care and be a great place to work
We provide safe, compassionate and high quality care to half a million people living or visiting East Sussex. We are one of the largest organisations in East Sussex, the only integrated provider of acute and community care in Sussex. Our extensive services are provided by 7000 + members of staff working from acute hospitals in Hastings and Eastbourne, three community hospitals in Bexhill, Rye and Uckfield, over 100 community sites and in people's own homes.
In 2020 the Care Quality Commission rated us as 'Good' overall, and 'Outstanding' for being caring and effective. The Conquest Hospital and our Community Services are rated 'Outstanding'. Eastbourne DGH rated 'Good'.
In 2020, the Trust launched its ambitious 'Building for our Future' programme. This once in a lifetime programme aims to repair, redevelop and expand our hospitals, transforming the environment in which we provide care for generations to come.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please refer to the job description attached.You must be able to travel independently, carrying equipment and car sharing as required. You must have access to a car and hold a current full driving license. The Trust has partnered with NHS Fleet solutions to provide a cost-effective way to lease a brand new car via salary sacrifice.If you have any questions about this position, please do not hesitate to contact us.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RGN/RN (Adults) on NMC Register
- Community Specialist Practitioner Qualification (District Nurse)
- Non-Medical Prescriber V300 (or commitment to undertake)
- Teaching and assessing qualification aligned to NMC requirements
- Advanced Physical Assessment Module (or commitment to undertake within 12 months of coming into post)
- Leadership/Management Training (or commitment to undertake)
- IOSH (or commitment to undertake)
- Evidence of further study at Masters
- Trained to interpret microbiology and pathology results
- Extensive SPQ community nursing experience
- Teaching in a clinical setting
- Experience of multidisciplinary working
- Evidence of up to date knowledge and skills
- Significant experience of team leadership and organisational skills at a senior level
- Experience of caseload management
- Experience of managing change and developing teams
- Long term condition management
- Motivational Interviewing
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Independent prescribing, medication review and administration
- Skilled in the use of reflective practice and proactive clinical supervision
East Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
St Mary's House
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.