This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced Health Visitor to deliver care to complex and vulnerable families following the Strengthening Families pathway using the Maternal Early Childhood Sustained Home Visiting intervention programme . The post holder will be working closely with the Health Visiting teams in the Hounslow borough. This post is a fixed term contract until October 24.
We work with families in one of the most diverse boroughs in London to give children the best possible start in life by providing the most up-to-date evidence based support.Main duties of the job
- Post holder will offer a targeted packages of care to vulnerable families with complex needs and assessed as requiring a Targeted or Specialist service in line with the Healthy Child Programme. This will be achieved in partnership with the Family Nurse Partnership team, Hounslow Health Visiting Team and Hounslow School Nursing Team. This Health Visiting Strengthening families pathway will be delivered within the framework of national and local targets using the MESCH model. The role is underpinned by the principles of Health Visiting practice.
- To maintain skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary to deliver a quality service that is responsive to the changing needs of population.
- To achieve the highest standards of care within own specialist area, demonstrating evidence-based practice
Hounslow and Richmond Community Healthcare NHS Trust (HRCH) provide a wide range of healthcare services for the population of London Borough of Richmond upon Thames and the London Borough of Hounslow.
The Clinical Services Directorates have a wide range of responsibilities to manage, including co-ordinating and delivering community primary care services on behalf of the Trust. A wide range of these healthcare services are delivered by staff in the community, who include medical staff, paediatric therapists, therapy assistants, health visitors, specialist nurses, nurses, nursery nurses, paediatric phlebotomists and healthcare support workers with the support of administrative staff working in localities with GPs, other health professionals, early years, education, and social care professionals.
The digitalisation of health services is underway with a requirement to become paper-light by 2023 through improving the use of digital tools and adopting mobile and agile working practices and increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of clinical delivery.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
***Please see the attached supporting documents which contains more information about the role in the job description and person specification***Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RN/RM with current NMC registration
- Specialist Community Public Health Qualification in Health visiting
- Relevant post registration study at degree level and Continued Professional development in relevant specialist areas safeguarding children, Mentorship Preceptorship or equivalent teaching course eg ENB 998, Specialist Practice Teacher/ Teaching Qualification
- MECSH or Family Nurse Partnership trained
- Masters Level Advanced Practice qualification or equivalent
- Experience in assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating expectant women, children, young people and their families in their own homes and a range of settings including working with vulnerable/safeguarding families
- Experience of delivering MECSH programme
- 3 years post SCPHN qualification with experience
- Experience of leading/managing a skill mix team
- Recent involvement in service development
- Experience providing clinical supervision
- Experience of partnership working
- Experience of supervising/mentoring students
- Experience in delivering the FNP programme
- Evidence of effective clinical and leadership skills
- Good organisational skill and safe approach to decision making
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead and participate in service and organisational change
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Risk assessment and management
- Knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding Procedures
- Working knowledge of the public health agenda and influencing factors
- Understanding of the strategic vision of local and national initiatives linking to London Borough of Hounslow vision for Children and Young People
Hounslow and Richmond Community NHS Healthcare TrustAddress
Heart of Hounslow
92 Bath Rd
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.