An opportunity has arisen for a Interim Clinical Service Lead for Southwark Home Treatment Team. Based at The Maudsley Hospital, Denmark Hill.
The role involves managing the Borough's Home Treatment Service working closely with the Right care Team, Acute Referral Centre, Liaison and Community Teams to ensure early intervention in crisis and reduction in the reliance on bed based services for people in mental health crisis.
The Home Treatment Teams provide 7 day a week, crisis assessment and intensive home treatment to patients with the aim of preventing admission where possible or if admission is required facilitating earlier discharge. The Service Manager post is Monday to Friday 9-5 with some flexibility required. You will also be required to participate in the Trust wide on-call system.
The post holder will provide leadership within the borough for ensuring smooth interface working between services to ensure timely admission and discharge from hospital.
The post holder will provide line management and clinical & operational leadership to the team, working closely with the Consultant and Advanced Practitioners within the team to maximise effectiveness and efficiency of service provision. The aim is to ensure integrated clinical, operational, quality and financial outcomes are achieved within the service line.
Please see attached JD for further information.Main duties of the job
To provide demonstrable assurance that the resources available achieve efficiencies, reduction of waste and improvements in clinical quality.
To measure outcomes to demonstrate achievements against care pathway standards.
To promote the engagement of carers and families in the care pathway.
Responsible for ensuring high levels of operational effectiveness, including throughput, resource utilisation and the attainment of performance targets within service lines.
To work in partnership with housing providers, faith organisations day centre staff, outreach teams and other agencies providing support to the client group
For further details , please see attached JD.About usBenefits
We are committed to ensuring our staff get the most out of their benefits package and understand the importance of a healthy work life balance. There is an extensive range of excellent benefits for you and your family. We want you to feel like you are part of a close knit team at SLaM. It's important to us that you valued and appreciated and that are why we have a comprehensive benefits package on offer
Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
Other benefits include:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, flexible working and support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working and job sharing.
- Career development, There are plenty of opportunities to progress your career and we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Car lease, our staff benefits from competitive deals to lease cars
- Accommodation, our staff benefits fromkeyworker housing available which is available on selected sites
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Counselling services
- Wellbeing events
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers
- Staff restaurants
To ensure the delivery of service within the resources available whilst maintaining the quality of service provision
To identify commercial opportunities within the clinical service and seek to achieve income Leadership
To support the development of a culture that promotes leadership through coaching
To line manage and performance manage team leaders/managers in accordance with Trust standards and protocols
To assist in recruiting, motivating, training, developing and retaining appropriate staff enabling them to have the skills, expertise and discretion to function effectively in their roles
Provide demonstrable assurance that staff have the appropriate skills and competence to deliver high quality care
To demonstrate clinical competence and role model effective clinical care delivery
To recruit/develop team leaders/managers who meet the organisational standards and measure performance against leadership and management competencies adopted by the Trust
To be a visible leader and be accessible to clinical staff, services users and carers.
To deputise for the General Manager as required.
For further details, please see attached JD.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Recognised Professional Qualification in Health or Social Work. (DipSW/CQSW), Mental Health Nursing (RMN), Psychology or any allied medical profession.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Live Registration
- RGN, MSc
- Management course
- Senior Management Experience in running large multidisciplinary teams
- Experience of managing budgets and resources effectively
- Experience of individual and team Performance Management and Appraisals
Knowledge / SkillsEssential
- Experience of project management.
- Direct experience of working in a Crisis setting
- Specialist clinical knowledge relevant to the service, including evidence based practice.
- Understanding of working in a multi-cultural, inner city environment with diverse communities and complex needs.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Appreciation of the complexities of the role and how to balance clinical and non-clinical responsibilities
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.