To assist Senior Medical Photographers in providing a new Tele-Dermatology service in photographing patients with dermatological concerns referred by their General Practitioner. *Please be advised that interviews for this vacancy will take place on 5th December 2023*Main duties of the job
The primary duty and role of this job is to assist in providing a professional clinical photography service in the studio to specifically support Tele-Dermatology referrals. This will involve photographing a cohort of patients for onward review by UHCW Dermatology Consultants.
At times you may also be asked to support in other aspects of Clinical Photograpy support within the medical illustration team.About us
We are extremely proud of our employees across our hospital sites, with high quality patient care at the heart of everything we do.
Boasting some of the most modern facilities in Western Europe, the Trust is renowned for being at the forefront of research and innovation as part of its blossoming reputation as a worldwide leader in healthcare.
We are proud to be recognised as a Pathway to Excellence designated organisation - please click the link for further details about this prestigious award. Pathway To Excellence - University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire (uhcw.nhs.uk)
By joining our exciting journey, you will form part of a passionate, talented team and will be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. There has never been a better time to join our team.
The Trust is committed to building an organisation that makes full use of the talents, skills, experience, and different perspectives available in our diverse society. We want everyone to feel they are respected, valued, can achieve their potential and receive the most appropriate and relevant care. We will create an environment where the equality and human rights principles of fairness, respect, equality, dignity and autonomy are promoted and are part of the organisation's core values.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details of the role please see the attached job description Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential Desirable ExperienceEssential Desirable KnowledgeEssential Desirable SkillsEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Assist in providing a professional clinical photography service in the studio
- Accountable for producing and printing images which neither exaggerate or diminish a condition, so that they are both medically and legally valuable ie. Medico-legal evidence.
- Responsible for deciding the most appropriate photographic technique to best demonstrate the patients condition from the options available this may include cross lighting, ultraviolet and infrared photography, or use of a control subject.
- Discuss clinical photographic procedures with patients and ensure consent forms are completed.
- Communicate in an empathetic manner with patients that are emotional, distressed or in pain.
- Plan and prioritise own workload, comprising of a combination of tasks, to meet agreed deadlines.
- Assist in keeping technical operational guidelines up to date.
- Responsible for all photographic and associated equipment which falls under the post holders control. Ensure work areas and equipment is clean, tidy and conforms with infection control policies that equipment is well maintained, secure and hygienic for clinical purposes.
- Perform initial maintenance of and simple repairs to photographic equipment.
- Ensure clinical images and data are processed in compliance with the Trusts consent and confidentiality policies.
- Identify areas where the service could be improved or developed plan, recommend and implement change where required in conjunction with the Senior Medical Photographer and Head of Medical Illustration.
- To be responsible for the safe use, maintenance, and storage of valuable digital photographic equipment.
- The Medical Illustration Department provides clinical services and there are occasions where it is necessary to work overtime to meet the needs of the service. This may be at short notice.
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS TrustAddress
Rugby St Cross Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.