To work as part of a Community Mental Health Team to offer care planning and evidenced based health and pscho social care interventions to the adult population in Southwark with mental health needs.
We are looking for an enthusiastic mental health practitioner with excellent engagement skills to ensure our patients receive the right care at the right time. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop effective and comprehensive care plans and ensure effective service delivery and treatment planning.
The teams work with our newly developed Care Process Model to ensure our patients and carers receive standardised care.Main duties of the job
- To provide support and treatment for a complex cohort of patients with a wide range of mental disorders.
- To be personally responsible and professionally accountable for a delivering a range of evidenced based psycho-social interventions for a specific case list.
- Reporting any incident or Serious Untoward Incidents that may take place in a community setting and provide reports and accurate records relating to the incident.
- Working safely to ensure safe custody of medicines, sharps, and clinical equipment in a community setting and reporting of all incidents following Trust Policy.
- Understanding and implementing safeguarding procedures in a community setting recognise, report and investigate safeguarding issues and raise safeguarding alerts if you suspect that a service user and/or carer has been exposed to harm or abuse.
- Demonstrating an awareness and understanding of relevant and up-to- date Mental Health Law of particular relevance in community settings ensuring adherence to legislation at all times.
- Understanding and implementing infection control measures in a community setting.
- Preparing and providing reports on information and statistics as required relating to case load, regularity of visits and details of contact with clients and families.
The Community Mental Health Teams are an integrated service providing support in secondary care for people experiencing complex mental health problems. The service consists of a multidisciplinary team of mental health practitioners including psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, employment specialists, occupational therapists and psychologists who work in a recovery focused way, using a strengths-based approach based on individual needs rather than diagnosis.
We have a number of vacancies across the Southwark Community Mental health teams. You will be based at a Southwark Community Mental Health Site.
Some of our benefits are highlighted here:
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesClinical:
- Generous pay, pensions and leave, we offer a comprehensive pay, pensions and leave package which is dependent on the role and length of service.
- Work life balance, flexible working and support a range of flexible options, such as: part-time working and job sharing.
- Career development, we support your development through a number of programmes such as mentoring, coaching, positive people management, collective leadership and other talent programmes
- Car lease, our staff benefits from competitive deals to lease cars
- Accommodation, our staff benefits fromkeyworker housing available which is available on selected sites
- NHS discounts, with discounts up to 10% from a variety of well-known retail brands though Health Service Discounts website.
Risk Assessment and Risk Management:
- To work collaboratively with colleagues within the team using shared decision making to ensure safe and effective care planning and ongoing treatment planning. To ensure that all plans are shared with those involved with the care in a timely manner.
- To demonstrate effective team player characteristics.
Safeguarding and Duty of Candour:
- Understanding and working within the boundaries of the Lone Working Policy and awareness of Personal Safety in a community setting, including clear and updatedcommunication with colleagues.
- Responding to urgent situations, emergencies or crises using protocols specific to the local community setting.
Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationEssential
- Understanding and implementing of Duty of Candour with regard to the particular issues ina community setting.
- Registered mental health professional appropriate to the job role (Nurse, social worker, occupational therapist).
- Evidence of post qualification training/education.
- Evidence of recent continued professional development.
- Mentorship or equivalent.
- Car driver and current driving licence
- Relevant clinical experience.
- Experience of research based/reflective practice e.g. understanding and ability to use supervision to reflect on skills, attitude and knowledge and develop these by using evidence-based practice.
- Experience of using clinical and managerial supervision.
- Experience of working in primary care
- Experience of developing and facilitating teaching programme for staff.
- Experience of psychological assessment and treatment of clients with a range of psychological needs of a complex nature in adult mental health.
- An understanding of the relationship between primary and secondary care services.
- Awareness of racial and diversity issues and factors affecting access to mental health care.
- Knowledge of key legislation and guidelines in relation to statutory mental health responsibilities, including Safeguarding Adults, Young people and children.
- An understanding of the stepped care model of delivery of psychological therapies for depression, anxiety and personality disorder.
- Ability to provide quality care that is responsive to service user needs, without close supervision.
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Theoretical knowledge of psychopathology and the evidence base for the relevant treatment.
- Knowledge of the theory of psychological models, such as CBT, DBT, or MBT.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills including communicating complex, highly technical and sensitive information to clients, their families and colleagues.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Accredited practitioner skills in at least one model of psychological therapy.
- Accredited nurse prescriber
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Southwark Mental Health Community Sites
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.