We are currently looking for a physiologist to join our Respiratory Team at Whipps Cross Hospital. The aims of the role are:
To lead on philips recall swap out project. This will be managing and coordinating stock from Medical engineering to Respiratory department.
Provide accurate advice and information to patients receiving new equipment and ensure updates are provided to respiratory team.
You will have to be energetic, friendly, enthusiastic, hardworking and respectful. Excellent communication skills are a must as you will have everyday contact with multi-professional colleagues, patients and relatives therefore precise effective communication is essential to avoid unnecessary hospital delays. Awareness of the Care Act 2014, customer care.
Training and support will be available for the right and successful individuals.
This role has a strong focus on safer patient care.For further information or informal discussion contact Emma Richards on Emma.email@example.comMain duties of the job
To direct and manage the CPAP swap out project, with a view to lead clinical and managerial responsibilities (refer to main role later in the document) which will involve diagnostic, clinical meetings, multi-professional meetings, management of patient lists. They will also cover duties as necessary during colleagues' absences and at times of additional pressure, as directed.About us
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together.
We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as they are underrepresented within Barts Health at this band.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience, and knowledge required. For both documents, please view the attachment/s below.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Experience of undertaking Respiratory Physiology.
- Equipment provision and maintenance.
- Track record in supervising clinical research assistants/ Junior staff.
- Contributing to professional development and clinical education of more junior staff, students, and assistants.
- Experience of scientific data handling.
- Equipment provision and maintenance.
- Experience in research methodology.
- Proven ability to organise and prioritise own duties and work independently.
- Ability to delegate.
- Ability to maintain good laboratory records. Evidence of good team working.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literacy, including word processing, Excel and literature searches.
- Ability to work flexibly.
- Ability to treat people with respect, irrespective of age, gender, culture, religion, and sexuality.
- Proactive, self-directed with innovative approach.
- Ability to communicate and present information, orally and in writing, in a clear and logical manner.
- Ability to keep accurate records in line with local and national standards and policies. Acceptance of responsibility for self and others.
- Leadership qualities
- Effective presentation skills
- Commitment to learning.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Basic medical qualification
- Degree in Clinical Physiological Measurement.
- Accredited with Registration Council for Clinical Physiologists (RCCP)
- Eligible for other professional bodies
- Broad knowledge of Respiratory conditions
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
Whipps Cross Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.