Selden Centre is looking for a friendly, fun, supportive motivated leader to help them on their journey to outstanding care! Are you a Staff nurse, charge nurse or ward manager looking for a new opportunity? We may have what you are looking for at the Selden Centre. Working from home, feeling isolated from your colleagues, we can bring the fun back into going to work. You will be supported to make the change if you're a mental health nurse as so many skills are transferable. We have a band 6 charge nurse position available due to a staffing restructure, part of our continued service development. Whether you're an RNLD or RMN, will can utilise your current skills and support you to acquire new ones. Training which is specific to supporting people with learning disabilities is available as part of your induction if this is not already part of your skill set. We have a robust and well-established team who are keen to work with you.
The Selden Centre is a 10-bedded hospital that provides high-quality Assessment and Treatment for adults with learning disabilities primarily living in the Sussex area. This post offers an incentive or relocation package up to the maximum of �4000 (pro rata applies and subject to terms and conditions).
The Selden Centre employs a multidisciplinary team of healthcare staff.
If you want to work somewhere where yourideas are heard
and yourdevelopment supported
- please apply and/or contact us.Main duties of the job
We are part of a trust which offers specialist training programs tailored to enable professional development, quality improvement and improve the care our service leaders receive. We firmly believe in 'no health care without self-care' meaning we support and invest in our staff. Just some of the ways we do this include robust supervision packages, with 100% compliance and we are the winners of the staff support champion for 2020/21.
The post holder will work as part of a multi disciplinary team acting as care co-ordinator for a defined number of service users. They will:
- Undertake assessments of individuals with complex mental health presentations, including those service users presenting with higher levels of risk. To develop in collaboration with the service user their care plan and their recovery plan.
- Offer specialist nursing assessment and advice where required.
- Provide clinical and managerial leadership on the ward.
- Assess and manage on going risks as identified during the assessment, ensuring that this is done in collaboration with the service user and carers. To regularly review risk factors and make changes to the management of them as necessary.
- Provide supervision of junior staff and trainees where appropriate.
- To regularly take charge of the clinical environment over a span of duty.
As a mental health trust Sussex Partnership places a huge focus on the wellbeing of our staff, as well as ensuring our reward packages reflect the immensely important work they do.
You can expect:
- Access to full psychological support, via our internal wellbeing team
- Excellent supervision programmes, with ongoing opportunities for training and development
- The chance to join the current winner of 'Clinical Team of the Year'
- Flexible working opportunities
- Access to a host of discount schemes (including gyms, shopping, restaurants and cars)
- A position within a trust rated as 'Outstanding' for caring and 'Good' overall by the CQC
- Generous holiday entitlement (starting at 27 days + 8 bank holidays)
- Excellent NHS Pension Scheme
- A 'Golden Hello' or relocation package up to �2000 (see attached documentation for T& C's)
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVIDJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Main duties of the job- day to day - To oversee and deliver a high standard of evidence based inpatient nursing care at the Selden Centre in partnership with the team, the service users and where appropriate their family/ carers.
This role therefore includes:
shift rotation working days, nights and some weekends.
Taking charge of the shift, which involves, managing and leading a team of support workers and other professionals, assessing and managing patient risks including mental and physical health. Supporting and completing ongoing assessment work and implementation and supporting others to carry out interventions and treatments. Liaising with other professionals, mdt , family and carers re patient need. Ensuring that communication, risk and support needs and communicated across the team and handed over to the next shift. completing any daily activities or tasks associated with that shift, facilitating continuity of care, and resolving any problems and reporting anything untoward to the charge nurses or/ and Ward Manager at an appropriate time.
Undertake assessments of individuals, as appropriate admitted to inpatient care, including service users presenting with high risk.
Developing care plans and discharge plans in collaboration with the service user and their families and carers. Following the Positive behaviour support model approach.
In conjunction with the multi-disciplinary teams, assess and manage risks as identified through assessment.
To regularly review risk factors and work in conjunction with the MDT to modify care plans.
To act as the Primary Nurse for inpatient stay.
To ensure that clinical practice is evidenced based and consistent with relevant NICE guidelines and Trust policies and procedures.
To provide supervision of nurses and junior staff and student nurses where appropriate.
Ensure that all clinical records are maintained and that other systems and good practice, such as handovers, occur for all staff to communicate effectively.
Ensure that all patients have an individual care plan and risk assessment, which has considered patient and (if appropriate) carers views, ensuring the regular review of both.
Monitor, evaluate and modify interventions/treatment in order to measure progress and ensure effectiveness of intervention(s).
To maintain confidentiality.
Report any incidents which put at risk or have the potential to put at risk, the health and safety of patients, staff or the assets or reputation of the Trust.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Professional qualification
- Registered Nurse with current registration (mental ? A / C health / LD/ Adult) appropriate to the job role.
- Completion of Mentorship Course/ENB equivalent
- Evidence of continuous professional development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Significant post qualifying experience relevant to the ? A/C/I/T care group
- Clinical knowledge/experience
- Experience of working alongside people with severe mental health problems particularly in their acute phase of illness
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of conducting clinical assessments including risk assessments
- Experience of partnership working within and across various statutory and non statutory teams and agencies
- Experience of working within the CPA process
- Understanding of clinical governance
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Selden Centre, Swandean
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.