This post attracts a recruitment incentive of �6000 pro rata (conditions apply) The Essex and Suffolk Elective Orthopaedic Centre at Colchester Hospital will be one of the largest centres of its kind in Europe. Delivering high volume and low complexity cases locally for the people we serve across our region.
We have fantastic opportunities for Anaesthetic Theatre Practitioners, to join us from January 2024 in preparation for when the centre opens in August 2024.
We welcome any applications from newly qualified staff members who have an interest in working within the theatre environment. Full training will be offered, to ensure you are upskilled to meet the job requirements.
To join our friendly theatre team, you will need to be a motivated, confident and flexible individual with experience in an operating theatre environment. You will need to either be: NMC registered (RN1) or HCPC registered.
We are committed to supporting your learning and career potential. We will provide you with a great learning and supportive environment to allow you to develop your orthopaedic skills. The Dame Clare Marx Building that will house our elective orthopaedic centre (ESEOC) opens in 2024 with a focus on elective orthopaedic surgery and day cases. The centre will have eight laminar flow theatres, three wards, recovery facilities, and support services including radiology and EBME.Main duties of the job
- Prepare the anaesthetic room and/or operating theatre for the operating session to include:
- the safe custody and preparation of drugs and infusions
- the preparation of airway management equipment
- the safety checking and preparation of instruments, mechanical and electrical equipment and environmental factors
- Ensure adherence to Trust/local policies, guidelines and other legislation and support National and local initiatives e.g. Saving Lives, WHO Surgical Safety Check List, GIRFT
- Take part in internal rotation through all areas of the department as required to meet the needs of the service on 24hour basis including trauma
One of the largest Trust's in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients' own homes. You will be joining a team of over 11,000 amazing colleagues providing care to 800,000 residents.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health and Wellbeing programme offer a range of services including mental health support. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is that Time Matters to everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
To support our employees to achieve their career aspirations you may be eligible to obtain a qualification via an apprenticeship. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a skills review to facilitate this. For full details please see the attached Apprenticeship Handbook
If you are passionate about patient care and want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8AJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For more information on ESEOC, please see the link for our Page Tiger below:
https://esneft.pagetiger.com/gbhtm/1 For full details of the responsibilities and duties of this role please see the attached job description.Person SpecificationQualifiedEssential
- RGN/Dip. HE, NVQ III in Operating Department Practice/C& G 752 or Dip. HE Operating Department Practice
- BSc (Hons ) Operating Department Practice
- Current registration of professional body
- Experience in an operating theatre environment
- Experience in both anaesthetics and scrub role
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good understanding of competency based learning
- Able to produce evidence of clinical ability
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.