This is a fixed term post for 18 months , due to funding . If you are a Swansea Bay University Health Board employee this post will only be offered on a secondment basis and you will need to have gained your line managers approval for the secondment prior to going to interview.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced person to join a developing team. As a Senior Public Health Practitioner you will provide public health expertise to implementing a Whole System Approach (WSA) to a Healthy Weight as part of a newly formed, small regional team working across Swansea Bay and Hywel Dda University Health Boards (UHBs). This role will have a specific geographical focus in supporting the University Health Board and its partners across Swansea and Neath Port Talbot in creating the conditions for healthy weight, across the whole system, as a key population health priority.
If you would like to know more or want to arrange a conversation, please e-mail:Beth Cossins, Principal Public Health Practitioner (System Working):Beth.email@example.comMain duties of the job
The role includes strategic systems working and thinking, strategic partnership working, managing stakeholder relationships and programme management - bringing together specialist public health knowledge, evidence and ways of working aimed at identifying and aligning priorities across the system for improved health and well-being in the Swansea Bay region.About us
We believe staff are our best asset and wewant you to be happy and confident about starting your career here in Swansea Bay University Health Board.
As one of the biggest healthcare groups in the UK we can offer a wealth of professional training and development opportunities in an innovative, forward-thinking organisation.
You might be a nurse ordoctor, maybe you specialise in a health science/therapy or can offer skills in one of our support services - wehave a job for you.
There are also apprenticeships, work placementsand volunteering roles available.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from everyone whatever their sex religion or belief race age sexual orientation gender identity or, whether they are pregnant or have recently been on maternity leave, married or are in a civil partnership or, whether they are disabled.
Our values - Caring For Each Other, Working Together and Always Improving, show thatour commitment to equality is at the heart of everything we do.
If you want excellent career and training opportunities while living on the doorstep of some of Europe's most spectacular scenery,with all the benefits of a thriving and cosmopolitan city - look no further.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The successful post holder will:
- Provide public health expertise to implementing a Whole Systems Approach (WSA) to Healthy Weight as part of a newly formed, small regional team working across Swansea Bay and Hywel Dda University Health Boards (UHBs)
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, partner organisations and communities to promote health and wellbeing and Whole Systems Approach priorities.
- Develop, implement and evaluate a range of public health/health promotion programmes to meet identified needs and priorities contributing to health improvement and reduction in health inequalities.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Masters or equivalent knowledge in Public Health/Health Promotion or allied discipline.
- Registered, or working towards registration, with the UK Public Health Register (Practitioner Registration).
- Experience in public health/health promotion
- Experience of working across a number of organisations / sectors and/or with a number of programmes, including development, management and evaluation of significant elements of work.
- Experience of working with communities.
- Experience of undertaking policy development/review and implementation.
- Experience in overweight and obesity prevention/reduction
- Knowledge of systems thinking and system working methodologies
- Knowledge and experience of research methods.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to work successfully with diverse professional partners, and manage potentially conflicting perspectives.
- Ability to source, retrieve and analyse complex data from a range of sources.
- Ability to initiate, implement and evaluate programmes that promote health and well-being.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Capacity building.
- Consultancy/ Facilitation skills
- Ability to speak, write and read Welsh (Level 3) or willingness to work towards
Swansea Bay University Health BoardAddress
One Talbot Gateway
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.