An exciting opportunity has arisen to join The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust (PAHT) as an Organisational Development Manager in the Learning and Organisational Development (L& OD) department.
Reporting to the Associate Director of L& OD, the post holder will develop, lead on and evaluate a programme of organisational development interventions in accordance with the delivery of the Trust strategy, vision, values and desired culture.
Notably, the post holder will be responsible for the delivery of a professional OD consultancy service, an ongoing cycle of obtaining and using staff feedback to drive organisational effectiveness, amongst a series of work programmes relating to organisational culture and performance.
As this is a busy and varied role with line management responsibility, the post holder will have exceptional organisation skills, the ability to multitask, prioritise and work to key deadlines. This is a highly visible role with the expectation to champion L& OD delivery functions across PAHT, influence across all levels and role model our values.
You would be joining a friendly, professional and aspirational team where our focus is on achieving more together.
For a conversation about the role, please contact Denise Amoss, Interim Associate Director of Learning and Organisational Development.Main duties of the job
- Manage the effective delivery and implementation of allocated OD initiatives through multi-functional teams and ensures stakeholder input and reporting is included
- Identify future workforce development needs in line with the NHS, ICS and PAHT strategic goals, QI, Change and Transformation programmes in PAHT
- Manage the design and facilitate the implementation of change management programmes to support cultural & organisational change and performance improvement in line with organisational values
- Act as the organisation's advisor on national/regional/corporate change implications to medium and long-term OD planning. For example, linking with the NHS and ICS People Plan
- Lead on the design, implementation and oversight of the trust-wide talent management and succession planning programme of work, including the organisation's appraisal scheme
- Design and implement a programme of staff recognition events, initiatives and activities to support staff engagement, working closely with the communications team in developing effective communication plans
The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust (PAHT) provides a full range of general acute, outpatient and diagnostic services at The Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow, the Herts and Essex Hospital in Bishop's Stortford, and St Margaret's Hospital in Epping.
We employ 3,500 staff and serve a local population of around 350,000 people living in west Essex and east Hertfordshire, centered on the M11 corridor and the towns of Harlow, Bishop's Stortford and Epping. Our extended catchment area incorporates a population of up to 500,000 and includes the areas of Hoddesdon, Cheshunt and Broxbourne in Hertfordshire. Our Values
The Princess Alexandra Promise to our patients as identified by our 3 values which will contribute to improving our patient experiences: Patient at heart
- Always holding the patient and their wellbeing at the centre of our thoughts and efforts Everyday excellence
- Sharing and celebrating our successes, being honest when we get it wrong, giving us the ability to learn from both Creative collaboration
- Knowing strength comes from diversity, we combine our experiences, skills and talents, working together to find new and better ways to care
The Trust believes in investing in all our staff and rewarding high standards of care whilst building for excellence and in return we expect our staff to uphold the Trust values to the highest level.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see job description and person specification for and main responsibilities - Applications are scored based on aspects of the person specificationPerson SpecificationTrust ValuesEssential
Education and QualificationsEssential
- Patient at heart - Always holding the patient and their wellbeing at the centre of our thoughts and efforts
- Everyday excellence - Sharing and celebrating our successes, being honest when we get it wrong, giving us the ability to learn from both
- Creative collaboration - Knowing strength comes from diversity, we combine our experiences, skills and talents, working together to find new and better ways to care
- Progressive experience leading strategic organisational development and design, implementation of impactful programmes driving organisation improvement.
- CIPD Level 7 or equivalent experience in OD or behavioural science
- Management qualification or equivalent experience
- Certifications in tools & frameworks such as DISC, MBTI, 5 Habits, GROW coaching, StrengthsFinder
- Extensive experience in the design and delivery of people and OD strategies to support the organisations strategic and operational plans
- Experience working with Learning and Development, corporate and operational teams to design and deliver OD and change management strategies, processes and interventions
- Experience of undertaking training needs analyses (TNAs)
- Considerable experience in behaviour change programmes enhancing organisation wide change management programmes
- Experience of successfully leading large or complex OD projects and programmes
- Experience of being creative and innovative in the design of development solutions, including digital learning solutions, whilst recognising the needs of the audience, accessibility and any project budget.
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Experience of process review and improvement and an understanding of innovative ways in which digital applications can be used in an organisation development context.
- Expert knowledge of portfolio, programme and project management in an NHS context.
- Extensive senior management experience in a complex delivery environment demonstrating delivery of change and operational planning.
- Analytical and numerical skills in order to undertake research and provide concise findings, to identify solutions to complex problems, and analyse and provide commentary on statistical data.
- Strong facilitation skills, facilitates discussions and transfers knowledge to diverse audiences to achieve collective objectives.
- Proven understanding of strategy and KPI's.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective financial skills to manage and control budgets and contracts prepare estimates and project specifications.
- An understanding of the UK Health Economy.
The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS TrustAddress
Princess Alexandra Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.