An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Mental Health Practitioner with the Erewash PCN. As part of the NHS Long Term Plan and working alongside DHCFT Living Well Service we have an innovative and unique role integrated within Primary Care Networks.
If you feel you can make a real difference to the mental wellbeing of the local population and you are passionate about delivering evidenced based interventions, then a career with us could be just what you are looking for.
You will be a valued and respected colleague within both the PCN and DHCFT team. This role is an exciting opportunity to work closely with GP surgeries. You will be able to help, educate and support teams within primary care and there will be opportunities of innovation as well as continuing training and development opportunities.
For an informal chat about the role or for any questions you may have, please email: email@example.com
Successful candidates who are offered an interview will be invited to an informal coffee morning in Erewash for an opportunity to have a look round and to meet staff prior to the interview.
The date and time of the coffee morning will be confirmed once candidates have been short listed for interview. Alternative dates will unfortunately not be able to be offered.Main duties of the job
The Mental Health Practitioner (MHP) will provide high quality, person-centred, mental health care at a primary care level to patients registered with GP practices in the Erewash Area.
You will consult, taking a brief focused history and conducting a risk assessment, formulation of need and onward plan. You will work both autonomously and as part of a wider team during your working hours.
You will have opportunity to support and educate around appropriate referrals and signposting.About us
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBTI+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
- Involvement in trust wide, local and national AHP activities
- Professional Qualification (RMN, Social Work, OT) to degree level or equivalent.
- Maintains current registration with the appropriate body NMC/HCPC
- Mentor Course or recognised alternative, e.g. 998, APPLE
- Demonstrate effective risk assessment and risk management experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team
- Experience in the delivery of clinical interventions
- Specialist and area specific experience
- Experience in supporting service development and auditing
- Experience in conducting collaborative, holistic assessments of patient needs
- Demonstrate an understanding of physical healthcare needs and have the ability to take appropriate action. i.e. liaising with to appropriate services or specialists
- The ability to deal with and resolve conflict
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good written/oral communication skills
- Diplomatic, caring & sympathetic
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Littlewick Medical Centre
42 Nottingham Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.