The Digital Services Team are looking for a passionate, experienced, and dedicated Deployment Engineer to join the Support team. This is an opportunity to work for a high functioning, high performing team, following ITIL best practices in a knowledge based and driven environment. This role will be supporting a user base of 5000+ across multiple locations.
We are looking for a Deployment Engineer with the IT skills necessary to be able to support all RMH Digital users in the deployment of end user hardware and software. They must have a passion for providing excellent customer service. You will have strong experience in deployment of Windows, IOS and Android devices. The Deployment Engineer's primary duty will be to build and configure all new end user devices, and then schedule deployments with users across all sites. They will also schedule and make deliveries for other catalogue equipment that does not require additional configuration.
This role has opportunities for career development as the engineer will be working alongside the 2nd Line Desktop Engineer team.Main duties of the job
- To configure and deploy end user device hardware and software across all Trust locations.
- Ensure user requests for hardware and software are managed within the Trusts' ITSM tool, end users have regular communication, and delivery team are kept informed of all elements of deployment service delivery.
- Responsible for the day to day management of stock including deliveries and records.
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust is a world-leading cancer centre. Our role is to offer our patients the best cancer care available anywhere in the world, and to continue to make a global contribution to finding better ways of diagnosing and treating cancer. We employ over 4,500 staff in a diverse range of careers including nursing, medical, science, radiography, pharmacy, occupational therapy, finance and administrative services. We have two hospitals - one in Chelsea, London, and one in Sutton, Surrey - as well as a Medical Daycare Unit in Kingston Hospital.
At The Royal Marsden, we deal with cancer every day, so we understand how valuable life is. When people entrust their lives to us, they have the right to demand the very best. That's why the pursuit of excellence lies at the heart of everything we do.
At the heart of the hospital is our dedicated team. We offer a stimulating and dynamic working environment, a wide range of staff benefits, learning and development opportunities and clear career pathways. There are opportunities to work flexibly across a range of areas and specialities and we welcome flexible working requests from point of hire to support employees work life balance. We are looking for employees who aspire to excellence, share our values and can play a crucial role in our on-going achievements.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor further information on this role, please see the attached detailed Job Description and Person Specification:
Person SpecificationEducation / QualificationsEssential
- To build and configure following documented processes all new end user devices, including Laptops, Desktops (AIO and Mini), WoWs, iPads and Rovers.
- To configure and deploy new Label Printers (Zebra)
- Troubleshoot hardware & software issues encountered in the delivery of the service.
- Schedule deployments with users across Chelsea, Sutton and Wallington and other sites as required.
- Schedule and make deliveries for other catalogue equipment that does not require additional configuration.
- Communicate with the Delivery team on open requests and incidents.
- Handle escalations from the Duty Manager and Service Desk team.
- Prioritise daily work based on SLAs, scheduled deliveries and deployments and requests from Delivery and Service Desk teams.
- Be responsible for managing own workflow (with the ability to concentre with interruptions) through the department using the IT Service Management tool, ensuring incidents and Service Requests are resolved within the agreed SLA.
- Degree level education or equivalent specialist knowledge acquired through relevant experience
- MCITP - Microsoft Certified IT Professional
- Qualification in IT support, e.g. CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+ Certification
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- Experience of working as a deployment engineer or similar technical support role
- Experience of operating within Service Level Agreements and following working policies and procedures
- Use of Service Management and Helpdesk software
- Proven computer software and hardware deployment knowledge and experience in a professional environment
- Excellent knowledge of PC architecture and peripherals
- Knowledge of centralised desktop lifecycle management from manufacture to secure destruction
- Proficient in the use of Active Directory
- Knowledge and experience of troubleshooting Microsoft & Apple technologies
- Knowledge and experience of remote access, configuration and deployment tools
- The Ability to flexibly cover the assigned hours of support
Skills Abilities / KnowledgeEssential
- Experience of working in Healthcare
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good level of IT skills in a wide range of areas
- Excellent communication skills - able to demonstrate effective listening, verbal and can demonstrate good standard of written communication
- Contribute to training and support documentation
- Ability to communicate technical information to others clearly
- Strong organisational skills
- Willingness to share knowledge and support others
- Excellent customer service skills
- Supportive, patient, caring attitude with attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work effectively under pressure and able to manage own workload while working to changing demands of the environment work
- Demonstrates a strong desire to improve performance and make a difference by focusing on goals
- Able to manage time/priorities effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Value diversity and difference, operates with integrity and openness
- Treating others with compassion, empathy and respect
- Works across boundaries, looks for collective success, listens, involves, respects and learns from the contribution of others
- Actively develops themselves and others
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment, often with frequent interruptions
- Clear thinking and logical approach to technical problem solving
- Displays great attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness and ability to develop self by learning new technologies and applications in relation to the needs of the role
- Enthusiastic, innovative and self-motivated
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Royal Marsden Wallington
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.