Are you looking for opportunities to develop your community nursing skills in your career and to be part of a unique and dynamic integrated care team?
Do you want to be part of developing and shaping a new integrated care service in Harrow?
An exciting new opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our newly restructured Harrow Integrated Care District Nursing Service.
Harrow Integrated Care service provided District Nursing services to Harrow CCG and is split into three locality teams. This post will be located in one of the Harrow localities. The post holder will work closely with the team leads, clinicians to develop the service and maintain close working relationships with both acute and community services.
We require an organised registered nurse who can demonstrate community nursing clinical to work at band 5 level.
The ability to work alone in a community multidisciplinary team and support junior staff is essential to this role.Main duties of the job
To provide skilled nursing care working under the supervision of the Community Nurse Team Lead and Deputy Team Lead to patients in a variety of community settings.
The post holder will undertake community nursing duties involving delivery of nursing services and holistic assessments of patients health needs using a person centred approach. This includes providing quality and seamless nursing care to housebound patients and being proactive in co-ordinating their care needs as appropriate, avoiding unnecessary admission to hospital or long term care institutions. In addition, the post holder will be involved in facilitating self- care for patients with long term conditions, health promotion and innovative activities and projects that enhance patient service delivery.About us
Just as we care about our patients' wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London - (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Support with gaining your driving license *T& C's apply
- Car lease scheme *T& C's apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
To have a full look at our benefits and what it's like working for us please go here: https://www.clch.nhs.uk/job/pay-and-benefitsJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description for full list of responsibilities Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationEssential
- To give skilled nursing care, based on principles of best practice and clinical evidence. This includes: Chronic disease management, end of life care, continence promotion and wound Specific skills include phlebotomy, administration of medication via syringe drivers and intravenous therapy, PEG management, urinary catheterisation and tracheostomy suctioning.
- Act as a Named Nurse with the support and supervision of the DN Team To take continued responsibility for the holistic health needs assessment including care planning, evaluation and appropriate implementation of health care and ensuring continuity of care following referral from acute care, rehabilitation units, GPs and other agencies.
- Undertake comprehensive assessment of the physical, psychological and social care needs of patients using the Single Assessment Process and including the needs of carers. To provide individualised and person centred care plans that provide monitoring and promotion of self-care to prevent unnecessary hospital admissions
- Act as the patients advocate and to facilitate the patients own choices with regard to nursing care, promoting independence and self-care, as
- To identify and record new problems and other relevant information reporting back to the DN Team Lead as
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive and contemporaneous records in accordance with Trust and NMC
- Liaise with, and where appropriate initiate referrals, to ensure adequate care and support to patients and
- To provide information and support to patients, relatives and other carers that promotes and optimises positive
- Undertake health promotion and disease prevention activities such as flu immunisation, advice on stopping smoking, falls prevention, dietary advice and foot
- To have knowledge of, and be able to effectively use local services and resources to promote patient care. For example specialist
- To ensure the safe handling of body fluids and contaminated
- Be alert to the needs of vulnerable adults including risk assessment and taking appropriate action when required
- To develop and utilise specialist nursing skills such as leg ulcer assessment and management, syringe driver set up, intravenous drug administration, continence assessment, and palliative
- Support patients and their carers with managing their medicines and undertaking medicines management reviews as
- To provide care to people with long term conditions undertaking reviews in accordance with the individual patient care plan and with support of more experienced colleagues as
- Undertake nutritional assessments and advice and support patients with their nutritional needs. For example PEG
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- NMC Registration
Central London Community Health TrustAddress
Honeypot Lane Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.