Information Communication Technology is an imperative and critical service for NHS Trusts to provide High Class Clinical Care, a successful effective IM& T Department will provide a Corporate Edge in the competitive and ever increasingly commercial landscape of the NHS.
Head of Digital Delivery will be on expert in all disciplines of Information Communications Technology as well as having lead responsibility for a number of strategic & operational management priorities.
These include the development of Desktop, Server, Network, & Database services as well end user customer services, associated technologies as well as, cyber security and business continuity plans.
Contribute to the corporate ICT Infrastructure strategy, business plans and its implementation of the strategic portfolio of programmes ensuring performance targets are met & benefits realised. The post holder must have In-depth professional knowledge of Prince II, IT Infrastructure, and Staff Management acquired through professional training and experience spanning over 10 years.
Head of Digital Delivery will be responsible for IM& T Services across multiple sites and satellite clinics. At these sites the IM& T Department provides a broad and full range of support and Development services both as an in-house IM& T Provider and working with 3rd parties or local IT departments in ensuring safe and stable connectivity.Main duties of the job
- Direct Line Management and day to day management of Operational IT Department, Unit Managers, including appraisals sickness absence disciplinary and grievance matters recruitment and selection decisions personal and career development departmental workload and allocation.
- Plan and organise a broad range of complex activities pertaining to the Trust IM& T Infrastructure and services, contributing to medium-long term IM& T strategy, developing, contributing to and adjusting corporate policies and procedures where required.
- Provide managerial, professional & strategic leadership across the Trust. Responsible for introducing, adapting and improving corporate information systems in own area of use and use by others.
- Manage the development of business cases, options analysis and the procurement of key systems.
- Analyse performance of areas of the Trust under review as part of the IM& T Development Strategy to ensure anticipated performance efficiency targets and strategic objectives are met, often leading on the development of innovative solutions where expert opinion may differ.
- Ensure development of members of staff through appraisal, objective setting and appropriate support for professional training.
Ensure that there are strong links with other clinical and corporate directorates.About us
Our support team is part of a digital team consisting of around 150 staff providing digital support services for Alder Hey Children's and Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospitals.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- To be a specialist in IM& T Infrastructure advising the Trust on best technologies and architect solutions with a holistic IT method to achieve greatest economies of scale to benefit all Trust Departments.
- To actively lead the detailed planning of the Trusts Network, Server and Desktop infrastructure replacement Programmes required investment and infrastructure refresh allowing budget and investment planning.
- Lead the various teams in exemplifying the principles of customer service, productivity, performance, efficiency and responsiveness to users, NHS Partners and all IT Team members
- Lead the infrastructure team(s) and embed ITIL best practice for the delivery of services
- Identify service improvement opportunities and develop plans in order to deliver them
- Maintain active knowledge of industry trends and best practice and lead the Trust through migration to enhance its IT capabilities.
- Responsible for the proactive planning and testing of software and hardware infrastructure upgrades
- Responsible for leading the Research and Development of new infrastructure technologies and disseminating information to team.
- Responsible for writing business cases allocated by the Associate Director of Digital, Associate Director of Operational IT, CIO or external departments to support investment in the Trusts infrastructure or other initiatives.
- Lead the operational team(s) to achieve agreed objectives with freedom to do this in own way working with broad professional polices and often acting without reference to manager.
- Embed a culture of effective capacity planning and management of the Trusts IT Network Infrastructure, with a constant view to best Value for Money.
- As servers and networking are moving to a unified platform, lead the infrastructure Teams to a common platform and ensure team members grow and are able to cross cover for other infrastructure disciplines.
- Substantial proven experience of an acute provider setting in ICT including.
- Substantial Staff & General Management experience & Knowledge of Management Styles
- Implementation and operation of IT Infrastructure, Systems and Services
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Cyber Security Qualification or evidence of working towards
Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.