The Informatics Department in the North East Ambulance Service, has an opportunity for a Developer to join a growing, dynamic and busy team.
As a PowerApps Developer, you will be part of the Development Team where you will be involved in the production and maintenance of low code PowerApps solutions to assist creation of solutions to increase productivity across the trust both in operations and support services. You will be involved in the complete development process following trust development standards, you will work alongside other members of the development team and be point of escalation for all PowerApps related issues. You will have development experience, with Power Platform experience required.
Alongside this you will also carry out application support by dealing with service desk requests. This role also includes maintenance and development of the Trust's extensive infrastructure, with experience of SharePoint and SQL server a definite advantage.
The right applicant will be expected to liaise with the service's customers to identify their requirements and produce suitable solutions within agreed timescales. Experience of Dataverse and Azure will be an advantage. Also, an ability to learn quickly is required and experience with C#, HTML, CSS and Angular will be a definite advantage.
You will be educated to a degree level or equivalent and have experience working as a Developer. Experience of working in an agile development environment would be beneficial.Main duties of the job
Working as a Developer you will be responsible for the collection of requirements for new projects and the development and delivery of said software. This includes design, data extraction, development, testing, roll out and documentation of the product. You will also be expected to alter existing software and systems to spec by taking tasks from our Service Desk software. You will elicit the requirements of each development request and provide software to fulfil a business need. You will also provide specialist advice regarding software development techniques, languages and frameworks.About us
We employ 3,500 staff in 63 locations and serve a population of 2,600,000 in Northumberland, Tyne & Wear, County Durham, and Tees over 3230 square miles.
Many people think the job of the ambulance service is to collect patients and take them to hospital, but we do much more!
Paramedic skills have developed hugely in recent years, meaning we carry out more treatment at the scene and en-route to hospital.
We have a dedicated clinical assessment service that allows us to provide patients with the most appropriate care from the beginning of the patient journey.
We have a specialised branch of the Trust called HART which deal with explosions or terrorist attacks.
Ultimately patients are the heart of everything that we do to support our mission of safe, effective and responsive care for all.
We value and respect the diversity employees bring to our workplace. We recruit a workforce that reflects the community we serve, and welcome applications from people from all backgrounds. To ensure we deliver on our aims in relation to diversity and inclusion we assess ourselves against a range of frameworks. We are ENEI Gold employer, Disability Confident Leader, Dyslexia Smart Award employer, Dementia Friendly, and part of Mind Blue Light programme and the Race at Work Charter from the Princes Responsible Business Network and are achieving across all objectives in NHS Equality Delivery System.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification documents for full responsibilities and main duties of this job.Person SpecificationKnowledge,Trainingand ExperienceEssential
- Evidence of continued professional development Qualified to Degree level in Computer Science or related subject or extensive experience in the field Highly numerate, computer literate and practiced in statistical analysis. Being able to interpret information, analyse and present information according to need and use for comparison, planning, monitoring and improvement. Extensive knowledge of software development and experience of system development using node.js and C#MVC
Business Analytical SkillsEssential
- Relevant experience in a health or social care setting with an information system development focus. Knowledge and experience of test driven development. Experience of GIS software Development experience in google maps API or similar
- High level of competency in the application of understanding and interpretation of information, (often complex information), establishing patterns and change, support diagnosis of problems, including the aptitude to spot problems early.Experience in the theoretical and formal use of tools and techniques in data collection, manipulation and analysis, including planning, forecasting and modelling and database knowledge to support business planning, service redesign, lever change and improve performance.
- Experience with information systems, processes and uses of information with the NHS/DH
- s Excellent project management skills
- Experience of information system (re)design and development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- High level of system development capability including C#MVC, Node.JS, JQuery/Prototype, HTML, CSS/SASS, SQL, MongoDB, Windows & Linux server administration
North East Ambulance Service NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.